Obtain a CIW security analyst certification with one test and proof of higher certification.
Are you prepared for a security breach within your system? Can you successfully defend your network against an attack? If security is not one of your strong suits, I recommend you take a look at Certified Internet Webmaster’s (CIW) Security Analyst Certification. This new certification is geared for networking professionals who have already achieved a higher level certification. This new certification recognizes network administrator’s who can implement security policies, identify security threats and understand network security and firewalls.
In order for you to obtain this certification, you must have one of the following advanced certifications:
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Checkpoint Certified Security Expert (CCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Convergence Technologies Professional (CTP)
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- ISC2 CISSP
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA-FWV)
- Linux Professional Institute (LPI) Level 2
- Linux Professional Institute (LPI) Level 3
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Security
- Novell Certified Linux Engineer
- Red Hat certified Security Specialist (RHCSS)
- Symantec Certified Technical Specialist (SCTS)
Prior to taking the test, you must sign their CIW Certification Agreement, pass the 1D0-470 Security Analyst test, and fax your proof of one of the above certifications to 602-794-4190. As an experienced admin, you can prepare for this test in one of the following ways:
- Attend their official classroom training
- Purchase their self study courseware
- Purchase and use third party softwar
There are many benefits to obtaining this certification. First, it is a vendor-neutral certification that allows you the flexibility of working with Linux, Microsoft, and Unix. In addition, after preparing for this test, you will be able to quickly identify attacks on your network, identify ports that may need to be secured, and design a firewall that meets the appropriate needs of your company. In addition, another major bonus is that you only have to take one test to obtain the certification and network security is a pretty hot buzz word these days.
If you already have an advanced certification but you are lacking in security skills, obtaining your CIW Security Analyst certification will help you round out your skill set and help you prepare for any security threats that come your way.