During those times when the urgent need for high powered technical intelligence wanes a bit-- especially on a slow Friday afternoon -- try this fun trick and amaze your colleagues. Here's how to make your "own" time by putting your name in the notification area next to the time.
- Access the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Double click Regional and Language Options.
- Click the Customize button in the Standards And Formats panel of the Regional Options tab.
- When the Customize Regional Options dialog box appears, select the Time tab.
- In the AM Symbol and PM Symbol boxes, you can replace that text with your name or whatever word you want, as long as it is no longer than 12 characters.
- To complete the operation, click OK twice -- once to close the Customize Regional Options dialog box and once to close the Regional And Language Options dialog box.
You'll instantly see your name appear in the notification area right next to the time.Miss a Windows XP tip?
Check out the Windows XP archive, and get more hands-on Windows XP tips.
Stay on top of the latest XP tips and tricks with our free Windows XP newsletter, delivered each Thursday. Automatically sign up today!