General discussion

VPN through Cisco 2500 Router

By leon_guerrero ·
We have a satelite office with 5 NT 4.0 workstations that connects to the Internet though a Cisco 2500 Router. We want the workstations to connect to our corporate network though an existing VPN. I cannot get the workstations to connect to the VPN server though the router, but if I use a modem on any of the workstation and connect to an ISP first then I can connect to the VPN server and access the corp. network. Do you think the router is blocking PPTP or PPTP on the router is not configured properly? How do I check and how do I configure the router if this is the case?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Shanghai Sam In reply to VPN through Cisco 2500 R ...

I would highly recomened that you have someone familiar with Cisco ISO configure this for you. There are also a number of docs on cisco's site describing the procedure. Below is the port filters required in order to get your VPN to work..

PetePacket Filters for PPTP
Configure the following input filters with the filter action set to drop all except listed below:
?Destination IP address of the VPN server?s Internet interface, subnet mask of 255.255.255.255, and TCP destination port of 1723 (0x06BB).
This filter allows PPTP tunnel maintenance traffic from the PPTP client to the PPTP server.
?Destination IP address of the VPN server?s Internet interface, subnet mask of 255.255.255.255, and IP Protocol ID of 47 (0x2F).
This filter allows PPTP tunneled data from the PPTP client to the PPTP server.
?Destination IP address of the VPN server?s Internet interface, subnet mask of 255.255.255.255, and TCP [established] source port of 1723 (0x06BB).
This filter is required only if the VPN server is acting as a VPN client (a calling router) in a router-to-router VPN connection. When you select TCP [established], traffic is accepted only if the VPN server initiated the TCP connection.
Configure the following output filters with the filter action set to drop all except listed below:

Collapse -

by leon_guerrero In reply to VPN through Cisco 2500 R ...

User Deleted?

Collapse -

by leon_guerrero In reply to VPN through Cisco 2500 R ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums