Software

General discussion

Addressing using Outlook 2000 Contact

By terriblunt ·
We had problems synchronizing a remote users' mailbox so we had to create a new profile to manage it. The user writes: When I go to address an e-mail to some one outside I drop down to contacts. When I do that now, all the contacts are listed FirstName first instead of last name first, the way they used to be. Do you know how to change this? I did it once before, but have long since forgotten how.
Like this user, I can't find it either and I know it is there! He is not referring to the File As in an individual contact. I've gone to Tools, Options, Contacts and looked; advanced email options and looked; Tools, Services, and looked at addressing for the Exchange server. Does anyone have

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by agnj422 In reply to Addressing using Outlook ...

I tested this on my system (W2K) and my contacts in the address book were originally first, last. I changed the settings under Tools - Services (as stated previously), and nothing had happened right away, but then when I logged in the next day, I saw that it had changed them to last, first (I was looking for a name, and couldn't find it right away!). Do you think it could be a replication issue?

Collapse -

by terriblunt In reply to Addressing using Outlook ...

I don't know what the difference it what you said was from what we tried but the user is satisfied and said it worked for him. Thanks.

Collapse -

by terriblunt In reply to Addressing using Outlook ...

This question was closed by the author