Question

asus 5670 grapic card won't work on my pc

By jwilki ·
i've upgraded from ati 4770 grapics card,to asus(ati)5670after 30 seconds on windows i get blue screen,and msg'stop:0x00000075,any ideas,brand new corsair tx650 psu was ok with old card.motherboard:775-via pt880pro/ultra-winxp-

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

16 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

RE: - could i use the drivers off my 4770,

by OH Smeg In reply to asus5670

No you can not as they where written for a different Video Card Chip Set. The Chips that make the Video Card are different and require different drivers.

If the 2 Supplied XP Drivers from the ASUS Web Site didn't work you can try the NVidia Drivers but I honestly believe that you have something corrupting the OS here.

Either some form of corruption from a Hot Fix or piece of software that would be cured by a reload or something that has been installed which is no longer being used and would be done away with when the system is reloaded.

However you can get the Display Driver only directly from AMD the Chip Set Maker here it is 27 or so MEG in size

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp

And see if that works without all the other pieces of software which come with the complete download.

Lets know how you get one.

Col

Collapse -

asus5670

by jwilki In reply to Driver issue

i've downloaded 2sets of drivers from asus official website.itried 8.69----ver:03.00.0758.this failed.had to put old card back in to work on pc again.iloaded next drivers....8.703---ver:03.00.0762.then i changed cards over ,fitted 5670.powered up ,it lasted about 2 mins.so i restarted and its been running now for 11/2 hours.i've tried sims 3,and all the faults have gone!!!

Collapse -

May have solved the issue here

by OH Smeg In reply to asus5670

Lets know how you get on.

Col

Collapse -

asus 5670

by jwilki In reply to May have solved the issue ...

its been running now for 7 hours contiuous,,call of duty world at war,bad company,sims 3,no probs yet,have not shut down and re-booted yet(crossed fingers)thanks for everyones help...jw

Collapse -

asus 5670

by jwilki In reply to May have solved the issue ...

think i've found the root of the problem,i had a program,"amd gpu clock tool."in my documents ,i opened this and activated it,and once it was the desktop ,the blue screen appeared,i eventually got on thro'vga only,and deleted this program,blue screen problem gone? any ideas....jw

Collapse -

If I remember that utility correctly

by OH Smeg In reply to asus 5670

It is used to Overclock the CPU's and GPU's amounts other things, and can play merry **** with Hardware.

Personally I don't use things like that because they are more trouble than what they are worth.

It's called a Software Conflict and they are very hard to solve when you get them going.

Col

Back to Windows Forum
16 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02