Question

AutoCAD 2006 makes blue dead screen and restart the PC

By alashhar ·
My client is architecture office, now they are facing a problem with AutoCAD 2006, when they open some AutoCAD files, which are in the our file server, the blue dead screen appears and after that the PC restart by itself. In other way when you save that files locally in the PCs, it work without any problem. Can anybody help me to solve this problem.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

12 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

No Problem

by brian In reply to our server is win2k3 stan ...

I know what it is like to run into these issues...and know what it is like to try and figure them out alone, don't mind helping in the least. Since there would be no way to open the files locally on the server, have you tried moving the files to a different share directory to see what happens when opened across the network (at this point, you could try copying the files to a test network at your office to see what happens...if you have the same server installed and close equipment hardware/setup it may be worth a shot)...

Collapse -

Audit, purge, recover, wblock

by MissDorkness In reply to AutoCAD 2006 makes blue d ...

If you have been able to open the files after having them moved locally, I'd suggest trying to clean out the files by using one or all of the following: Audit, purge, recover, wblock (of course, making sure that any applicable service packs have been applied to the AutoCAD software).

If you've done those things and replaced the files and they're still not opening, it's more likely to be a network issue than one with the files themselves.

Also, there are some great forums specifically for AutoCAD questions, you can get a lot more eyes on your issue, and be more likely to find the rare someone who has experienced the exact same conditions. I'd recommend the Autodesk Users Group International (AUGI), since they're adesk's official user community.

Back to Networks Forum
12 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02