Question

Cisco ASA 5505 VPN problem

By sinteur ·
I've got a new 5505, and I've run through two wizards: one to start up, one to add client VPN.

As a result, I can now connect from a client, the client gets the right info (ip adress, dns, gateway), but it cannot connect to any of the servers on the 'inside' network.

The config is here: <a href="/www.dubbele.com/asaconfig.txt</a>.">http://www.dubbele.com/asaconfig.txt">/www.dubbele.com/asaconfig.txt</a>.

I've tried a lot of different things, but I cannot seem to get what's going wrong. Any clues would be very welcome!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

You might try this

by NetMan1958 In reply to current config

If it is going to be a while before you're able to work with Cisco TAC on this, I'd like to suggest that you reset the device to defaults, then just go through the general set-up wizard, but no VPN wizard. Then post that config and it will be easier to work with.

I do see 1 thing you try quickly that might make a difference. Add this line to your config:
crypto dynamic-map SYSTEM_DEFAULT_CRYPTO_MAP 65535 match address inside_nat0_outbound

Collapse -

One other thing

by NetMan1958 In reply to current config

Be sure that the devices on the 192.168.6.0 network have 192.168.6.25 configured as their default gateway.

Collapse -

update the ASA & ASDM files.

by japonzio In reply to One other thing
Collapse -

Update the ASA & ASDM files.

by japonzio In reply to Cisco ASA 5505 VPN probl ...

A coworker and I updated to asa803-k8.bin & asdm-615.bin. This seems to have fixed my problem with getting inside the network through the vpn connection. I upgraded one 5505 & tested it and it is working properly.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. My email is japonzio@fayettecountyga.gov.

God Bless,