General discussion

custom reply form outlook 2000/exch 5.5

By JenIT ·
Help! I need to create a custom reply form that will reply to the sender and have a certain text in the message (like an auto-reply except the message will need to be read first & manually determined which reply response they will receive). I have been able to create the custom message complete with signature and who gets responses...my problem is that I cannot get my message to fill in the reply address. I created this message by clicking on a reply form and then going to design the form. Then I published the form in the org. library. Did I go about the process wrong or how can I get the reply addres to fill in? After that then I want to be able to create a button on the tool bar for each response type. When you are on the msg and click the button, it will lauch the custom reply and address the custom message to reply to the sender.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

15 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by JenIT In reply to custom reply form outlook ...

Thanks but I want to this with the software I currently own. Purchasing additional software is not an option for our small business.

Collapse -

by maxwell edison In reply to custom reply form outlook ...

"The Macros in this project are disabled":

You get this message because Outlook has been set to High security, and it will automatically disable these macros. If you change the Outlook Macro security level to Medium, Outlook will ask if you want to enable macros instead of automatically turning them off.

Go to Tools/Macros/Security.

There are three choices.

High means no macros run unless digitally signed and the signer is in the Trusted Sources. This will disable the use of the button unless a digital signature is added to the macro and the signer is a trusted source.

Medium means the macro will run (the button will work), but user will get prompted at every startup of Outlook on whether to Enable Macros or not. The user will have to choose Enable Macros to allow the button to work.

Do not use the Low setting as the dangers of unknown macros are well known.

Collapse -

by DKlippert In reply to custom reply form outlook ...

How are you doing with this? I think Maxwell is right. Check your security settings

Collapse -

by lilyli In reply to custom reply form outlook ...

about answer 6:

Hello Maxwell, I changed the security, but it did not work. How can I get the warning message about disable micro/enabled micro?

Thanks.

Collapse -

by bsassone In reply to custom reply form outlook ...

After you change your security settings, you have to quit and restart Outlook. You may have to have the code saved first to get the prompt on whether to enable or not.

Back to Software Forum
15 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02