General discussion

Dell Dimesion 2400 Problems

By techdiva1 ·
I've been working on a Dell that had a problem with spyware. After several attempt at using anti-spyware software (Microsoft, Ad-Aware, CA) I finally convinced the owner that the best solution is a clean install. I performed the clean install, set up the OS, reinstalled the drivers, and reset the ISP specs. Webpages take a long time to load, downloads are non-existent, and now the computer does not boot without going to the option for selecting the OS first.

I have suggested replacing the hard drive but I am not sure if this is the best solution. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

12 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by silagy In reply to Dell Dimesion 2400 Proble ...

how much memory does it have? does the hd indcator on the front stay amber most of the time ? if yes What type of hd is in the system , ? I would replace the drive with a 7200 rpm 8 cache wd hard drive . and do a resinstall i work with a lot of dell systems , and alot of the time thats the issue, also with having to choose the os is there two listed ? if so go to start,run ms config click on boot.ini and then click check boot paths and that will remove the extra os line. then reboot. email me with any questions silagy@gmail.com

Collapse -

by techdiva1 In reply to Dell Dimesion 2400 Proble ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
12 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02