General discussion

DLink DSL 200

By diskaus ·
I have a desktop system that I recently did a fresh install of XP Pro with SP2 & windows update.
I try to install my DLink DSL 200 (either with the setup Cd that come with or a fresh version downloaded from Dlink website I keep getting an error " there is a problem installing the drivers for your modem:

The operating system could not install the driver properly.

Please contact technical support for assistance"

I know there is an issue with USB transfer and there is a fix in SP1 but if SP2 goes in that ruled that out, Right?

the frustrating part about his is the modem installs fine on a HP laptop running XP PRO SP2 and was installed on this system before fresh install too, ( no changes in hardware or software to rule out, system is identical to as it was before fresh install).
I just can?t think of anything else to try.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

15 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by david.hilton In reply to DLink DSL 200

I tried another memory stick - same thing happened. I formatted the drive and installed windows - same thing happened. So i booted up in safe mode and installed the modem drivers, and tadda, it works. I tried to install other drivers, (not in safe mode) such as the audio and i had similar problems, so i installed them in safe mode too. I don't know whats going on, any ideas anybody?

Collapse -

by diskaus In reply to

I have given up and used another modem instead now.

Collapse -

by Curacao_Dejavu In reply to DLink DSL 200

going through all the posts.
this probably has something to do with the driver signing and the xp's way to verify the driver and install.

safe mode would be an option or lower the settings in system properties, driver signing to ignore and try again out.

Leopold

Collapse -

by diskaus In reply to

Had it installed before formating even with SP2 installed both occasions

Collapse -

by diskaus In reply to DLink DSL 200

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
15 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02