General discussion

Friday Yuk

By mjwx ·
Well its friday here. since NZJ didnt beat me to it. Have a good weekend.

--------------------------------------------------
After numerous rounds of "We don't even know if Osama is still alive," Osama himself decided to send George Bush a letter in his own handwriting to let him know he was still in the game.

Bush opened the letter and it appeared to contain a single line of coded message:

370H-SSV-0773H

Bush was baffled, so he e-mailed it to Condi Rice. Condi and her aides had no clue either, so they sent it to the FBI.

No one could solve it at the FBI so it went to the CIA, then to the NSA.

With no clue as to its meaning they eventually asked Britain's MI-6 for help. Within a minute MI-6 cabled the White House with this reply "Tell the President he's holding the message upside down."

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

65 total posts (Page 5 of 7)   Prev   03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07   Next
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

An old classic

by stargazerr In reply to Friday Yuk

Two men are sitting drinking at a bar at the top of the Empire State Building, when the first man turns to the other and says 'You know, last week I discovered that if you jump from the top of this building, the winds around the building are so intense that by the time you fall to the 10th floor, they carry you around the building and back into a window'. The bartender just shakes his head in disapproval while wiping the bar.

The second guy says, 'What, are you nuts? There's no way that could happen. 'No, its true,' the first man says. 'Let me prove it to you.' He gets up from the bar, jumps over the balcony, and plummets toward the street below. As he nears the 10th floor, the high winds whip him around the building and back into the 10th floor window and he takes the elevator back up to the bar.

He meets the second man, who looks quite astonished. 'You know, I saw that with my own eyes, but that must have been a one time fluke.' 'No, I'll prove it again,' says the first man as he jumps again. Just as he is hurtling toward the street, the 10th floor wind gently carries him around the building and into the window. Once upstairs he urges his fellow drinker to try it.

'Well, why not.' the second guy says, 'It works. I'll try it.' He jumps over the balcony, plunges downward passes the 11th, 10th 9th, 8th, floors. . . . . and hits the sidewalk with a SPLAT.

Back upstairs the bartender turns to the other drinker and says, 'You know Superman, you're a real jerk when you're drunk'.

]:)

Collapse -

You're right!

by Old Guy In reply to An old classic

It's old. :^O But still funny.

Collapse -

Oh, to be in England...

by neilb@uk In reply to Friday Yuk

On the train yesterday, the driver announced over the PA. "We are now pulling into London Bridge station. I can see that but you can't because of the little gits who have scratched their stupid graffiti all over the windows."

This reminded me of a list I a while back so I've found it again.

A list of actual announcements that London Tube train drivers have made to their passengers...

1) "Ladies and Gentlemen, I do apologize for the delay to your service. I know you're all dying to get home, unless, of course, you happen to be married to my ex-wife, in which case you'll want to cross over to the Westbound and go in the opposite direction."

2) "Your delay this evening is caused by the line controller suffering from E & B syndrome: not knowing his elbow from his backside. I'll let you know any further information as soon as I'm given any."

3) "Do you want the good news first or the bad news? The good news is that last Friday was my birthday and I hit the town and had a great time. The bad news is that there is a points failure somewhere between Stratford and East Ham, which means we probably won't reach our destination."

4) "Ladies and gentlemen, we apologize for the delay, but there is a security alert at Victoria station and we are therefore stuck here for the foreseeable future, so let's take our minds off it and pass some time together. All together now.... 'Ten green bottles, hanging on a wall.....'."

5) "We are now travelling through Baker Street... As you can see, Baker Street is closed. It would have been nice if they had actually told me, so I could tell you earlier, but no, they don't think about things like that".

6) "Beggars are operating on this train. Please do NOT encourage these professional beggars. If you have any spare change, please give it to a registered charity. Failing that, give it to me."

7) During an extremely hot rush hour on the Central Line, the driver announced in a West Indian drawl: "Step right this way for the sauna, ladies and gentleman... unfortunately, towels are not provided."

"Let the passengers off the train FIRST!" (Pause) "Oh go on then, stuff yourselves in like sardines, see if I care - I've got my own compartment."

9) "Please allow the doors to close. Try not to confuse this with 'Please hold the doors open.' The two are distinct and separate instructions."

10) "Please note that the beeping noise coming from the doors means that the doors are about to close. It does not mean throw yourself or your bags into the doors."

11) "We can't move off because some idiot has their hand stuck in the door."

12) "To the gentleman wearing the long grey coat trying to get on the second carriage - what part of 'stand clear of the doors' don't you understand?"

13) "Please move all baggage away from the doors." (Pause) "Please move ALL belongings away from the doors." (Pause) "This is a personal message to the man in the brown suit wearing glasses at the rear of the train: Put the pie down, Four-eyes, and move your golf clubs away from the door before I come down there and shove them up your backside sideways!"

14) "May I remind all passengers that there is strictly no smoking allowed on any part of the Underground. However, if you are smoking a joint, it's only fair that you pass it round the rest of the carriage."

-----------------------

This one's just for me. If you don't get the references then think "trailer-park" and you won't be too far out

A major Earthquake (Shazza) measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale hit in the early hours of Monday. Epicentre: Basildon, Essex. Victims were seen
wandering around aimless muttering "faaackin ell" - no change there, then.

The Earthquake decimated the area causing approximately ?30 worth of damage.

Several priceless collections of mementos from the Balearics and Spanish Costa's were damaged beyond repair. Three areas of historic burnt out cars were disturbed. Many locals were woken well before their benefit giro arrived.

Essex FM (County Radio Station) reported that hundreds of residents were confused and bewildered, still trying to come to terms with the fact that something interesting had happened in Basildon.

One resident - Tracy Sharon Smith, a 15-year-old mother of 5 said "It was such a shock, my little Chardonnay-Mercedes came running into my bedroom crying. My youngest two Tyler-Morgan and Megan-Storm slept through it all. I was still shaking when I was watching Trisha the next morning."

Apparently though, looting, muggings and car crime did carry on as normal.

The British Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of Sunny Delight to the area to help the stricken locals.

Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings, including benefit books, jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos and Bone China from Poundland.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing parcels for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in this disaster. Clothing is most sought after, items most needed include:-

Fila or Burberry baseball caps
Kappa tracksuit tops (his and hers)
Shell suits (female)
White sport socks
Rockport boots
Any other items usually sold in Primark.
Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same.
Required foodstuffs include:-
Microwave meals
Tins of baked beans
Ice cream
Cans of Colt 45 or Special Brew.

PLEASE REMEMBER

22p buys a biro for filling in the compensation forms
?2 buys chips, crisps and blue fizzy drinks for a family of 9
?5 will pay for a packet of B&H and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.

Collapse -

Another one we had the other day

by stargazerr In reply to Oh, to be in England...

"Please stand clear of the DOORS" <pause>

"Please stand clear of the DOORS" <pause>

"This is a customer announcement, please note that the big slidy things are the doors, the big slidy things are the doors".

]:)

Collapse -

"Mind the gap"

by M_a_r_k In reply to Oh, to be in England...

Who is the lady on your tube (more appropriately called a subway) that says "Mind the gap" all day long? I bet she has a boring job. It took me a while to figger out what in the world she was saying. The translation from English to English doesn't always go as easily as one would presume.

Collapse -

Mind the Gap

by neilb@uk In reply to "Mind the gap"

The female voice for the recorded announcement of 'Mind the Gap' is nicknamed 'Sonia' by tube drivers. Why? Because her voice 'gets on yer nerves'.

Collapse -

I kinda liked her voice

by M_a_r_k In reply to Mind the Gap

But then again, I kinda like female British accents anyway. I spent my entire week-long London vacation circumnavigating London in the tube (more appropriately called a subway) just so I could hear ol' Sonia say "mind the gap" over and over. Or maybe I did that because I'm kind of a white-collar criminal dealing in credit card fraud and I like the underground. Uh... sorry... I'm sorta cross-threading here. http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-11183-0.html?forumID=5&threadID=190**1&messageID=1968843

Collapse -

OK Mark

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to I kinda liked her voice

Since you have got this well and truly cross threaded may I recommend a Keensert as a repair option they really work much better than Helli Coils.

Col ]:)

Collapse -

I recommend the following link

by OnTheRopes In reply to I kinda liked her voice
Collapse -

Not a good idea

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to I recommend the following ...

HeliCoils don't hold all that well and even worse don't allow the transfer of heat so they actually cause far more problems than they cure. :)

This is a much better option and it doesn't lock the heat up either.

http://www.imperialinc.com/items.asp?item=0001571

Col ]:)

Back to Community Forum
65 total posts (Page 5 of 7)   Prev   03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07   Next