Smartphones

Question

Help SOLVED recommended mode 1280x1024

By Jacky Howe ·
This is what has happened to my 17" Samsung 713n <i>not optimum mode recommended mode 1280x1024</i>
<br><br>
Here is a good insight into what is happening. Thanks to paras7664 for the detail.
<br>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx6tAg0fKf0
<br><br>
This monitor is no longer under warranty and I am sure that it can be repaired I just need to know how to do it. It is my first LCD and has performed really well until now.
</br>

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

3 years here to

by Jacky Howe In reply to 3 Year Warranty in US

the manufacture date on the monitor is june 2005 so it is just out of warranty. If the supplier that I purchased it through was still in business I think that I would have been OK but unfortunately these things happen.

Collapse -

Have you tried to boot in safe mode?

by edunayo In reply to Help SOLVED recommended m ...

I'm sure you did. As you know, when in safe mode, windows uses the good-old 640x480 and it is possible that your monitor can handle it. It it can, then you can adjust an "easier" (for the monitor) resolution/frequency.

I hope this helps.

:-)

Collapse -

Yep

by Jacky Howe In reply to Have you tried to boot in ...

I tried that. I can get it to display everything up to 1024x768 and nothing above. Unfortunatly as soon as the screen saver or monitor shuts off I get the error. Even disabling the screen saver and monitor shut down doesn't help as around 20 mins later the error message appears. I even tried it using 800x600 on a 4th PC. When the error message is displayed I can't even access the menu on the monitor. The only button that will work is the power switch. I have tried leaving it just turned off with the power button and cable connected but until I physically remove the power cord I still have the error message.

Collapse -

Solved with help from Jestine Yong

by Jacky Howe In reply to Help SOLVED recommended m ...

Hi Rob,<br>
The problem you are having in fact a common problem and the cause was a bad MCU IC in the main board and you need to get the main board from samsung distributor.<br>
Best regards,<br>
Jestine<br><br>
http://www.electronicrepairguide.com/
</br>

Collapse -

Thanks to all

who contributed now I have to try and work out how to get it apart without breaking it.

Collapse -

Check Here

by willcomp In reply to Thanks to all

Look through these. You may get lucky and find a service manual with disassembly instructions.

Collapse -

Alright Mate

by Jacky Howe In reply to Check Here

enough with the disappearing text.
<br>
Bloody Spooky text, what next invisible posts.
</br>

Collapse -

I bought the

by Jacky Howe In reply to Alright Mate :D

electronic book and now I have it disassembled. Lucky that its mine and not a clients.

Collapse -

Try Again

by willcomp In reply to Thanks to all

I have no idea what happened to my last comment. Anyway, here's the link:
http://fileshare.eshop.bg/equipment_mfg/SAMSUNG_3.html

Collapse -

This Question

has been closed by the Author.

Thanks everyone for the input.