Hardware

General discussion

HP PSC 750 not printing red

By d4dar ·
Hello all:

I am looking for clear and concise instructions on how to take apart this case, preferably with pictures.

Background info: A couple of months ago, my printer stopped printing red. Thinking the cartridge had run out of red, I refilled it. I've been refilling cartridges for years now and I am confident that I performed this task without error. I replaced the cartridge only to find that it still was not printing red. So now, I am thinking the cartridge is clogged, so I perform the clean function about 30 times & still nothing but blues, greens and yellows. I soak it in water and place on wet paper towel & I see all three colors on the paper towel, but not from the printer. Frustrated, I buy a new cartridge and I'm still not seeing red. I figure that what ever mechanism controls the red output is clogged, dirty or something.

Now I will crack open the case of a computer and work technical magic, but I have not been inside this printer and would like to minimize damage to the case, minimize down time and take off as few parts as possible. Any help would be appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by d4dar In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by kmcniff In reply to HP PSC 750 not printing r ...

I have also refilled HP cartridges and they do not last forever. One of the good points for HP is the print head is replaced with the cartridge. I would at this point try and replace the cartridge with a new or known good one. Remember that HP will NOT support refilling. This will void any warranty, so don't tell HP.

Collapse -

by kmcniff In reply to

I guess that I missed the fact that you had tried a new cartridge. I would then check the contacts in the socket where the cartridge installs. Try cleaning the contacts wil alcohol and possibly a VERY soft gum eraser. Be careful as these contacts are very fragile. Also look at the wiring harness and ensure that it is plugged in. Try the cartridge in a different socket. Some HP printers do not know the difference between colors, and others do.

Collapse -

by d4dar In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by d4dar In reply to HP PSC 750 not printing r ...

This question was closed by the author