Question

• Creator
    Topic

IE 9 freezing on TR

by purpleskys ·

Two different computers both windows 7 pro 64 bit quad core 2.3 Ghz 8 gig ram. Works fine on my BB PLAYBOOK 🙁 arrrgggg help!
    Edit to add ; it’s just TR that it’s happening on.

I’m thinking that there’s something running or loading on TR that neither one of my computers likes .

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by purpleskys ·

In reply to IE 9 freezing on TR

Clarifications

I didn’t have any problems early this morning,

by Wizard57M-TR ·

on my Compaq notebook with IE9, but it is only Win7 Ultimate 32 bit, 2 gig RAM…
      Are your’s running the 64 bit IE9 or 32? It is possible there is an ad or something
      trying to load, sometimes I get one that floats over the page.
      No problems here at work on WinXP SP3 and IE8 either…YET!

Adobe Flash/ShockWave

by rob kuhn ·

Make sure your Adobe Flash and ShockWave add-in’s are current. I ran into a similar problem pre v11.4.402 although my problem wasn’t that MSIE v9.0 was locking up but instead the pages were intermittentaly not being displayed correctly. I was seeing this problem on other sites that had a lot of Flash and ShockWave content.

HTH.

IE 9 64 bit

by purpleskys ·

Adobe flash, shockwave, java all up to date and current. Remember, this is happening on my pc as well as Darryl’s…both with the same specs.

Reponse To Answer

by Wizard57M-TR ·

In reply to IE 9 64 bit

Hmm…do you have the 32 bit version installed? Might try that if you do,
        a few brave souls have installed both 32 and 64 bit versions!
        Also, with Adobe’s shenanigans of late, might make sure they sent
        the correct plugin down the pipeline…they’re so darn sneaky with
        that Chrome and Google Toolbar junk being ticked by default, they
        may have goofed everything else up.

Reponse To Answer

by purpleskys ·

In reply to IE 9 64 bit

thanks wiz 🙂 ….haven’t got both versions installed…made sure of that way back when we first installed win7. No toolbars either…after running mwb, spybot, and ccleaner (not in that order and in safe mode) and doing about three or four reboots, it seems to be running OK atm. Cross your fingers for me will ya 😉

Reponse To Answer

by Wizard57M-TR ·

In reply to IE 9 64 bit

fingers crossed, Purple! 😉

Purple it’s a new feature for Moderators

by oh smeg ·

TR Freezes for any Moderator silly enough to use IE anything. It’s the Delete Button causing the problem. Honest 😉

Actually there has to be something else involved here as I’m currently using IE9 on 7 64 Pro with 16 GIG of System RAM and a i7 without problems though at the moment I’m not logged in with my Moderator Account. There are currently no issues, though when I log in with the Hal Account I’ll come back here if there are any problems.

Col

No problems here Purple yet anyway

by hal 9000 ·

I’ve just rebooted with yesterdays Updates and it still seems to be running OK if that’s any help. Sorry but this system isn’t often running 7 I’m mostly using it with XP.

And this is a desktop with a 2 GIG ATI Video Card if thats any help.

Col :p

Reponse To Answer

by purpleskys ·

In reply to No problems here Purple yet anyway

seems to be ok right now…thanks for checking for me…and I’ll get back at ya if it creeps up again 🙂

Been getting

by charles bundy ·

[i]Techrepublic cannot display that page[/i] messages when clicking on TOC items on the site for about three weeks. It is intermittent so I just put up with it. (IE9 Win7x64 i5) Not certain if that is part of the problem, but thought I’d mention it!

Reponse To Answer

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to Been getting

Charles I’ve been getting that all morning with IE8 on XP so I think it’s a fairly common thing happening.

When I know that a page is defiantly there I just walk away for a few minutes and come back and things seem to work. Not sure what’s happening but it may be passing the problem to another. 😉

Col

Viewing 6 reply threads