General discussion

May 21, 2011 is Judgment Day

By AV . ·
Tags: Off Topic
Well, this is the big one, folks. Are you ready for the Rapture? Either you're going up to Heaven on Saturday or you'll be "left behind" with the rest of us sinners. I already know which group I'm in, so bring on the fire and brimstone. :^0

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43082513/ns/us_news-life/t/end-world-how-about-party-instead/

Edited: Forgot the link

AV

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

25 total posts (Page 2 of 3)   Prev   01 | 02 | 03   Next
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

I don't know about all of you...

by jck In reply to May 21, 2011 is Judgment ...

But, I'm gonna party on Saturday til Jesus arrives.

Then I'm gonna say "Okay, Jesus. Let's go."

And if Jesus doesn't show up? Well, at least I can walk to the liquor store for more booze. :^0

Collapse -

Local bars are hosting Rapture parties

by CharlieSpencer In reply to I don't know about all of ...

One is publicizing the event with the tag line, "You can tell St. Pete, "But, but I was DRUNK!"

Collapse -

silly mistakes

by john.a.wills In reply to May 21, 2011 is Judgment ...

Certainly within the next 100 years the end of my world will come, probably within the next 50. That is what should concern me, not the end of other people's worlds so much.
Secondly, I am not looking it up at the moment, but somewhere Jesus says that no-one knows when the end of the world will come.
Thirdly, I understand that this prophesier bases part of his prediction on confusion of the Israelites and the Israelis, an identity error.

Collapse -

I'll be in Myrtle Beach for it

by NickNielsen In reply to May 21, 2011 is Judgment ...

If I'm gonna get left behind, I might as well have fun doing it. ;\

Collapse -

Yeah I heard about that prediction...

by jfuller05 In reply to May 21, 2011 is Judgment ...

Hasn't he missed a prediction before?

Apocalyptic stuff sells.

Collapse -

Yes.

by seanferd In reply to Yeah I heard about that p ...
Collapse -

Everybody sing along!

by CharlieSpencer In reply to May 21, 2011 is Judgment ...

"They say there's a heaven for those who will wait,
And some say it's better but I say it ain't.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.
The sinners are much more fun!
Only the good die young."

Collapse -

How About

by dogknees In reply to May 21, 2011 is Judgment ...

Those that predict these things get to explain exactly why they got it wrong when the event fails to occur, and why we should pay any attention to them in the future. Perhaps they should be banned from making any predictions in any forum ever again. They should be banned from the 'net for life.

Collapse -

No need

by NickNielsen In reply to How About

They might still have a few adherents, but their credibility as prophets will be shot. If I remember from my history of religions class, the Millerites set a date or two back in the 1840s, but nothing happened. Williams Miller, their leader and prophet apologized for being wrong, but swore he would come to the same conclusion if he had it to do over again. The Millerites learned their lesson. They're still around (we call them Seventh Day Adventists) and they still study Biblical prophesy and the end times, but they've sense enough not to attempt to put dates to it.

Collapse -

Important tips for the coming Rapture.

by seanferd In reply to May 21, 2011 is Judgment ...
Back to After Hours Forum
25 total posts (Page 2 of 3)   Prev   01 | 02 | 03   Next