General discussion

multiboot 98 nt4 2000

By Healer ·
On one computer, I have just installed windows 98SE on FAT32, then installed NT4 workstation and NT4 server on 2 separate NTFS partitions. When I got to the Windows 2000 part-way installing I got 0x0000007B inaccessible boot device error. I remember I could do it before and now I just can't repeat it. I had windows 98SE, NT4WS, NT4SRV, xppro, 2000pro all on one hard disk on the same computer before. I got into trouble when I started restructure the hard disk. I wonder if somebody can shed some light on this.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

12 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Healer In reply to

I thank you for your kindness. From the recommended article, I still haven't found anything relevant to my situation. I have read an article from another web site and I hope it will solve my problem. It is referring to the type of cable I'm using for the hard drive. I have opened up the computer and changed the cable to the one for UDMA (80 wires). The installation process has just completed for my 2000 server. I am keeping my finger crossed and hoping that I can finish all the installation without further ado. I didn't think of that because I somehow had no problem installing NT4 and 98SE. I could have mucked up the cable when I swapped the two channels for the CDROM and hard drive.

Back to Windows Forum
12 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02