General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Nedd Help Removing BIOS PASSWORD on DELL D600 stops at white screen

by funkomatic808 ·

Hi i Bought a laptop off E-BAY short time ago and i entered into the bios menue to change a setting for my cd/dvd drive and as browsing threw i came to the password menu, which showed the administrator as having a password and i thought it was my log on password so i accessed it to try and clear it and it asked for old password and new and when i couldnt enter the right one and i rebooted it it now goes to all white dell password block screen and the guy i bought it from off e-bay says he never put a password in it
    and ive tried averthing plz help

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Dell Support

by bfilmfan ·

In reply to Nedd Help Removing BIOS PASSWORD on DELL D600 stops at white screen

1-800-WWW-DELL

They can assist you in resolving that issue.

Technical Q

by absolutely ·

If you post this in Tech Q&A maybe you’ll get answers. Questions posted in “Miscellaneous” aren’t worth points, and don’t often get answered. “Miscellaneous” is not for miscellaneous Technical questions, but for miscellaneous off-topic/non-tech conversations. Consider it the water cooler.

Remove the BIOS battery

by charliespencer ·

It sounds like the unit was originally prompting for a null, or blank, BIOS password and you accidentally set one up.

Unplug the unit and open the case. On the motherboard, look for a small battery similar to a watch battery. Remove it, wait a couple of hours, and put it back in. This should clear the BIOS settings.

When you boot the system, you’ll get messages about system settings having changed. There will be instructions to push a particular key to save the changes. Do so and you should be okay.

Message has been deleted.

by mr_plainkey ·

heres you answer

by cktele ·

pw to fix problem ikiqk2bc case senstive

Dell Latitude D600

by radmanix ·

In reply to heres you answer

i have a Dell Latitude D600, please help me with the administrator password

HWRD61J

SERVICE TAG # 389-861-813-35

The solution that you have been looking for

by wmtdanimal ·

In reply to Dell Latitude D600

There is a eeprom chip that controls the stored passwords on this labtop… it required disassembly of the labtop… when I did this i entirely removed the motherboard from the labtop and placed only the esential components on a table. The chip is located under the pcmcia port… there is a black plastic sticker of sorts that you must remove and the chip is a small 8 legged chip labeled ump1…. you will see it next to a larger chip with many legs. Looking at this chip where the dot is is pin 1. You must partially reassemble the labtop with the keyboard, screen, ac power, and both processor and video heatsinks with cooling fan ( you can just temporarly sit these components ontop of the motheroard to prevent the board from shutting down from heat) . Then get a small piece of insulated wire, paperclip, tweesers, etc. Orient the labtop so that the bios chip is in front of you and the small dot is to your lower left. In this position the correct pins are the third from the left on the bottom and top. What you need to do is turn on the labtop, short these pins. Do not worry the labtop will seem to shut off…. wait 2 seconds and release the pins, and then reshort them. A screen will then appear that says manufacturing mode level 1 etc etc… you have now cleared your bios passwords… you will not be able to reset the bios passwords, however it is possible to set the hard drive password through the bios so I dont think that it is a issue. The manufacturing mode does not interfere with any working of the labtop . Congrats you have now hacked your labtop.

Some notes about disassembly and reassembly:

make sure to remove the monitor screen first… prying up on the latitude bar right above the keyboard , there is a prypoint to the far right.

Make sure to keep the location of the bios battery hoopup it is a pain in the butt to forget that because then your settings you set in the bios will not be saved.

make sure that when you disassemble the screen that the screws are under the little rubber feet with the exception of the long ones at the center of the screen.

if you do this hack and someone has enabled the hard drive password you will have to search and download the hack for it. When I did it I used another hard drive in the labtop that had xp installed in it. I then used a windows 98 install disk and a 5 gig usb memory stick and installed windows 98 on it… then I put the original hard drive in the labtop and changed the boot sequence to the usb drive and booted windows 98…. there will be many devices that will not be available, do not try to install any drivers , you are only interested in cracking the hd…. once up and running on generic drivers run the crack program. Remember to change the boot order back to whatever you like after cracking the HD.

the black plastic sticky tape that covers the bios eeprom chip must be replaced to eliminate the possibility of short or damage due to hard drive heat.

The hard drive on this labtop will get exceptionally warm… about 40 d celcius… dont worry…. here is how you fix it… during the reassembly of the labtop, if you are not going to use the pcmcia slot leave the motherboard pcmcia connector off as well as the steel support cage that goes there… this will give the labtop added cooling using the processor cooler to circulate more air through the case, the hd will not heat up at all(barely warm).

there are many hidden screws that attach the motherboard to the steel underlying chasis, removal of these is not necessary, the only ones that are necessary are the ones around the dock port on the back of the labtop and in all 4 corners and the ones in the middle of the labtop ( on the back of the labtop).

That is all I can think of right now if you have any questions let me know wmtdanimal@yahoo.com

Just one question . . .

by older mycroft ·

In reply to The solution that you have been looking for

Can I take it, that in Idaho, a ‘LABTOP’ is an Americanism for a laptop?
          – You may confirm this when you next post, regarding how to crack the protection on a NOSEBOOK.

Otherwise your entire post is on the wrong forum!

Three points

by charliespencer ·

Welcome to TR.

1) You may want to consider enabling peer messages instead of including your e-mail address.

2) The post your responding to asks about Administrator passwords, not BIOS passwords. Removing an EPROM isn’t going to clear a Windows Admin password that’s stored on the hard drive.

3) That post fits the pattern of someone trying to crack into a machine they either stole, purchased hot, or otherwise suspicious acquired. First post by a new member the same day they joined asking about password cracking. Member never follows up or is otherwise heard from. Member is from a country with a history of similar requests. Member has serial numbers but hasn’t contacted the hardware vendor.

I appreciate that you’re trying to help, but in this case you’re wasting your time.

ok

by wmtdanimal ·

In reply to Three points

ic i guess i was a bit nieve

Er, that’s …

by older mycroft ·

In reply to ok

‘NAIVE’ – just in case you ever have to use the word again.

ok

by wmtdanimal ·

In reply to Er, that’s …

I work on computers not my spelling

Okay. But spelling has a place too

by tig2 ·

In reply to Er, that’s …

Understand that you are more interested in tech. Probably why you are here.

This forum is international and houses many schools of thought. What we old fogies know is that the ability to spell correctly can have a major impact on your IT career.

Mycroft wasn’t out to be rude, just help you along.

Not naive, inexperienced

by charliespencer ·

In reply to ok

You’re new here and haven’t seen many of this type of message yet. Stick around a couple of months. You’ll see we get a couple of them every week.

Some of them have very involved background stories of how they got the computer but didn’t get the password. My favorite is the girl who bought the computer from her brother’s girlfriend. No installation disks, forgot to ask for the passwords. The brother and girlfriend immediately broke up, and she doesn’t want to contact the now ex-girlfriend.

There are very few legitimate password questions asked here. If it’s the first post of a brand new member, assume it’s bogus.

Password Police

by tutwia ·

In reply to Not naive, inexperienced

Wow, I’ve relied on this forum, more than once, for technical insight. However, I didn’t know they provided “password police services”….

Dear Naive, neieve, nave, need help…

If you can get your hands on a copy of ERD Commander CD, boot to CD and use the Locksmith tool. It will enable you to change the Windows Administrator password, if that’s what you need. I have seen many valid reasons for not having the password. Good luck!

This is correct for the D600

by jdmman1964 ·

The only thing I want to add besides Thank You is that on my system the UMP1 was on the circuit board not the chip I believe it is an Intel chip 8pin DIP pretty damn sball,
          just short the two pins together as wmtdanimal@yahoo.com say’s while the PC is booting up into the BIOS and Voilla I got the fn + X Manufacturer Mode be patient and it may take a few times to get it right.
          But I did this and it reset my Laptop..Sincerely.

Message has been deleted.

by mr_plainkey ·

In reply to Dell Latitude D600

just take a look at

by qasimtoep ·

http://master-password.kickme.to/
      Paperclip procedure works fine for all listetd models.

remove the bios password

by happymark88 ·

This information is intended for experienced users. It is not intended for basic users, hackers, or computer thieves. Please do not try any of following procedures if you are not familiar with computer hardware. I’ll not be responsible for the use or misuse of this information, including personal injury, loss of data or hardware damage. So use it at your own risk.

A. By Using the Motherboard Jumper:

In most motherboards CMOS battery is soldered, which makes it difficult to remove the battery. In this case we use another method.

Almost all motherboards contain a jumper that can clear all CMOS settings along with the BIOS password. The location of this jumper varies depending upon the motherboard brand. You should read your motherboard manual to check its location. If you don’t have the manual then look for the jumpers near the CMOS battery. Most of the manufacturer label the jumper as CLR, CLEAR, CLEAR CMOS, etc.

When you find the jumper, look carefully. There will be 3 pins and the jumper will be joining the center pin to either left or right pin. What you need to do, is remove the jumper and join the center pin to the opposite pin. e.g. if the jumper joins center pin to left pin, then remove it and join center pin to right pin. Now wait for a few seconds and then again remove the jumper and join the center pin to left pin.

Make sure to turn the PC off before opening the cabinet and resetting the jumper.

B. By Using Software:

I have found that BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is the most effective.:
      BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is a program that works instantly to remove any lost or forgotten BIOS/CMOS password. Simply boot your PC to DOS and execute the program, and get access to forgotten BIOS/CMOS passwords in just seconds

BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool Service: http://www.biospasswordrecovery.com/

unlocked will done by me

by elmahdy-11 ·

contact me for unlock
      elmahdy-11@hotmail.com

Viewing 7 reply threads