Software

General discussion

Net Folders troubles in Outlook 2000

By danfalconar ·
I'm having major problems with Outlook 2000, in that I can only get net folders to work with half the PCs I try it on.

The situation is this: I'm trying to set up a system whereby users can share calendars with each other. The trouble is, I set up and install net folders on each workstation, but on some workstations, the sharing options in the file menu are greyed out.

I've tried everything that microsoft have published in Technet and in their forums, but nothing seems to have an effect.
One thing I have noticed with my own workstation is that sometimes sharing is greyed out on my file menu, so if I exit and log off, then log back in, it is then available. If I log out yet again and go back in, it is then unavailable - it just doesn't make sense.

I'm a support technician and I'm under considerable pressure to sort this problem out, so if anyone can help then I would be very grateful indeed, as I've had this issue outstanding for some time now.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by rattlesnake1 In reply to Net Folders troubles in O ...

Try deleting your appointments that you are not using, and then delete them out of the trash.

Collapse -

by danfalconar In reply to Net Folders troubles in O ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by PC Dr. In reply to Net Folders troubles in O ...

same problem at my work:
do this for the workaround:
Store your .ost on your local computer or be sure the .ost located on the other computers are available first then synchronize offline folder settings.
this will fix it

Collapse -

Collapse -

by darrenb In reply to Net Folders troubles in O ...

I installed Outlook 2000 on several systems with the same senarios. I even called Microsoft with know help from them. Net folders is not the only issue, try sending attachments to Netscape users they don't get them. Try forwarding emails with attachments they get the header but no attachment. You know how I fixed this I went back to Outlook 98. 2000 was released in haste and is full of bugs.

Collapse -

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity