General discussion

Novell 4.11 SAP Router

By lloyd ·
How can I turn off or correct the following error on my Netware server console

"SAP Router Configuration error detected Node 00672338C () claims network address 5B54952A shold be CAE6DF73"

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

17 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Novell 4.11 SAP Router

Although above answers are correct, it is important to notice what the error acctually means.

It means that not all the IPX based nodes on your network segment are using the same network number.
I.e. node with MAC address 0672338C is configuredwith 5B54952A as IPX network address, while the server is configured with CAE6DF73.

Some explanation:
On a NetWare server you have to bind IPX to a network adapter with a particular frame type.
For example:
Load 3C509 Frame=ETHERNET_802.2 NET=20
Load 3C509 Frame=ETHERNET_802.3 NET=30
on all other devices on same segemet (i.e. not seperated by routers) should have the same number for the same frame type. On the other hand the Network numbers have to be unique: Use on another segment other network numbers for the same frame type. It doesn't matter what number you choose. Just determine what they are. I suppose that you have only to reconfigure the server or the device with node with MAC address 00672338C. The MAC address is the ethernet number burned i

Collapse -

Novell 4.11 SAP Router

by lloyd In reply to Novell 4.11 SAP Router

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Novell 4.11 SAP Router

by marantaga In reply to Novell 4.11 SAP Router

Is probable that you have another server in same network segment, but with diferent network number. Solution: Put the same network number in the servers or work with different frame (Ethernet_802.2, 802.3)in each server. If you don't have another server in your LAN maybe your router (your or of your ISP) doesn't have the IPX filter active.

Collapse -

Novell 4.11 SAP Router

Collapse -

Novell 4.11 SAP Router

by mikegmahoney In reply to Novell 4.11 SAP Router

The one way to track down the network device is to look at the MAC address of the node "006723.." it will be 12 char long. and you can then id the NIC manufacture. the 1st 6 are the manufactures code
"http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui" this may help you locate the device. now you know the network and the nic manufacture.

Collapse -

Novell 4.11 SAP Router

Collapse -

Novell 4.11 SAP Router

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Networks Forum
17 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02