General discussion

Novell drive mappings slow in Win 2000

By jeff.west2 ·
My Windows 2000 machine was recently upgraded to SP3 and all critical patches were applied. After those updates, my mapped drives to a novell server slowed down considerably. When I double click My Computer, it takes ~90 seconds for all my drive icons to come up. At the same time, surfing on the web is greatly impacted. URLs that normally snap right up take a similar amount of time to resolve. It is almost like applicaitons are confused on which protocol they need to use. I have IPX/SPX installed with NETBIOS support for it along with TCP/IP. If I disconnect all the mapped drives to the Novell server, all my problems go away, including the browsing issues. We have tried uninstalling ALL network components and reinstalling them along with reapplying SP3. Nothing makes a difference. We can't figure out why the service pack and hotfixes would cause something that was working fine to start acting flaky now. We have both a NDS tree and a Win 2000 domain. Any suggestion on getting my Novell mappings working correctly would be greatly appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

11 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Windows Forum
11 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02