General discussion

Outlook 2003 issue???

By flyingknees ·
I have a client who is configured to use POP mail from Outlook 2003. The problem is that sometimes it keeps downloading the same emails over and over and over again till there's about 200000 copies of them.
What could be the problem? She had McAfee Spamkiller installed and I used to think that was the problem, but I've since deleted it and it's still doing it.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

19 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BP7226 In reply to Outlook 2003 issue???

I had this problem and after spending a lot of time on it, I found out quite by accident that it was my anti-virus program causing the problem. I dumped McAfee Anti-Virus and got AVG Anti-Virus and have not had the problem since. I hope that helps.

Collapse -

by flyingknees In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by cpetrosky In reply to Outlook 2003 issue???

Lots of good answers but to be specific, the problem occurs when the download from the mail server is not completed.

Find out why the download is not completing, remove the obstacle and the problem will disappear.

Certainly, anti-virus activity can be one reason, a problem with an attachment can be another.

I will also endorse the use of AVG anti-virus programs. My processor doesn't "busy-out" when they are running.

Collapse -

Collapse -

by mnadeem_smile In reply to Outlook 2003 issue???

hi dear
please Reinstall the Window or outlook2003 it is best solution of this problem becouse this is bcoz of crupted windsw or outlook registry file
i think it is best solution of this problem

thanx

Collapse -

Collapse -

by badnonnie In reply to Outlook 2003 issue???

You need to uncheck "Leave a copy of message on Server" or you will never stop receiving them.
I don't know why it happens only sometimes because it is my experience it should happen everytime.

Collapse -

Collapse -

by flyingknees In reply to Outlook 2003 issue???

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
19 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02