General discussion

PC freezes when I print 5000 Points

By Casemaker ·
Hi,
My client has a pc running W98 SE. motherboard AOpen MX3S, sound,video,nic gameport, usb embeded.
client uses teleflora software for florist and connect to it with Pro Com. Had older printer and it began to give him trouble. Installed Lexmark X63 and then nightmare began. It came in to me because of a modem failure. Installed creative DI5631 modem. Now the problems continued.it freezes whether you print from wordpad or from his Teleflora using Procom software while connected with modem to teleflora. I have tried new printer using parallel cable still freezes. I have disabled every device I could still freezes. i have formatted the drive and reinstalled fresh new copy of W98 Se still freezes. Power supply pushes 5/12 volts ok on several leads. HELP!!!!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

12 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Casemaker In reply to PC freezes when I print 5 ...

When I formatted and reinstalled again I did not load any drivers for the motherboard components. Video, NIC, Sound And Game are embedded.I also did not load the motherboard drivers themselves. I only loaded the modem drivers. It has been working for a second day. I am going to award to the first 4 answers at the end of the day to thank you for answering. Be Safe!!!

Collapse -

by Casemaker In reply to PC freezes when I print 5 ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
12 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02