General discussion

Problem w/ embedded Pics in Outlook 2003

By ccrock ·
Alright, I have been having a problem with a co-worker not being able to see some - just some - embedded pictures. Note: when forwarded on I can see them. They come up as red X's for my coworker. I have tried my best, to no avail, to solve this problem - note no bar comes up asking if I want to download pictures, and when viewing the source of both emails (mine and theirs) - they are in HTML - they are both referencing the picture exactly the same way. Here is what I have tried:

1) Add user to safe senders list (internal sender, was already on the safe sender list)
2) Double check that email is in HTML (company setup on Outlook is all the same)
3) Check the picture setting and trusted zones under security in options (Should be covered by safe sender, but checked anyway)
4) Checked Rich viewing (don?t know why this should matter but checked it)
5) Checked that office updates are done (Again this is set company wide)

Any and all help is appreciated,
Cam

Please note that if the image is set as an attachment instead of an embedded picture, it can be viewed fine.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

28 total posts (Page 3 of 3)   Prev   01 | 02 | 03
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by spamfree In reply to Found a fix that helped m ...

I've seen this fix posted and it does work for a number of people with that problem, but it does not resolve things like embedded emails within emails.

I have a client that can open their emails now, view attachments, see everything now, but, if they have a email with an email forwarded in it, when they open the attached email, it displays properly the first time, the second time it will cause an error - if they close outlook and open it, they can view the attached email one and not again until they close/open outlook again.

A simple login script made the fix work for most users, but not for the email within an email problem.

I have over 2500 workstations/t/s users and only about 10 are experiencing this problem.

Collapse -

by txdiscgolfer In reply to

I had this same exact problem with the firm I'm with. Too me the better part of the week, but I tracked it down to the Add-Ons under Outlook registry HKCU. Chances are those 10 people that are having issues have some sort of Outlook add-ons. Uninstall those add-ons. It worked on the 1000+ desktops.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

Collapse -

by spamfree In reply to

Can you give me a clue as to what add-ons you found in conflict?

Collapse -

by spamfree In reply to

Can you give me a clue as to what add-ons you found in conflict?

Collapse -

by spamfree In reply to Found a fix that helped m ...

I've seen this fix posted and it does work for a number of people with that problem, but it does not resolve things like embedded emails within emails.

I have a client that can open their emails now, view attachments, see everything now, but, if they have a email with an email forwarded in it, when they open the attached email, it displays properly the first time, the second time it will cause an error - if they close outlook and open it, they can view the attached email one and not again until they close/open outlook again.

A simple login script made the fix work for most users, but not for the email within an email problem.

I have over 2500 workstations/t/s users and only about 10 are experiencing this problem.

Collapse -

Also a new profile fixes this

by rogerc1tech In reply to Problem w/ embedded Pics ...

I used to just copy the user's profile to a save area on the the C: drive and then remove the user via: Control Panel/System / Advanced Tab / User Profiles.
Login as the user and the system creates a new user profile. Then copy Favorites/Docs/Desktop files from the saved area into the new profile. I am having the problem again and will try the above as it will save an hour of work if successful.

Collapse -

It does work and a lot easier than making a new profile

by rogerc1tech In reply to Also a new profile fixes ...

If you have trouble figuring out what to do in step 4 above, go into the key and copy the long path. Paste it into: Start / Run.
It will take you into the difficult to find area. I had 335 files that I deleted.

Collapse -

This is the resolution

by LedMatrix In reply to Problem w/ embedded Pics ...

Never mind. I see someone already posted the same solution.

Back to Software Forum
28 total posts (Page 3 of 3)   Prev   01 | 02 | 03