Question

Scanner of Canon MP830 does not work at all

By 3338 ·
My canon MP830 does not work at all, I think the problem was due to the scanner's problem. The scanner/light bulb always stays at the end of right side of the scanner. The "Click" sound comes out of the gears when turning on the printer each time.
When doing copy job, the scanner does not move at all but only makes nooise. Then the message appears at the LCD display: "Scanner not work properly" and " Error Cole 5010". Sometime other messages would come out, such as " Scanner is not operating correctly", "Release the scanner lock switch and turn the power off and back on", "Document in ADF. Redo operation after checking document in ADF and pressing [OK]" and etc.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

12 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by OH Smeg In reply to How to open scanner of Ca ...

You undo the plastic clips and separate the top from the bottom.

The trick of course is not to mark or break anything when you are doing this.

Col

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by 1printeruser In reply to How to open scanner of Ca ...

To open the scanner unit,
1) Detach the ADF from the top of the scanner
2) remove the four screws at the top rear of the scanner unit
3) remove the left and right control panel covers. There are six snaps (3 top and 3 bottom) on each one. See the MP830 Service Manual (google it, I found a pdf for free) for photo illustrated directions. I started at the bottom, once that was free I pulled gently and the top snapped out relatively easily.
4) remove the four screws holding the control panel unit and pull the control panel out part way.
5) remove the two screws under the control panel unit.
6) with a small flat screwdriver gently pry the top half of the scanner housing up, go around the edge and when you come to a tab try to push it in.
Now you can clean the glass.
BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO DISTURB THE SCANNER UNIT ITSELF - DON'T PUSH IT BACK OR FORTH ON THE RAIL OR IT WILL LOSE ALIGNMENT. I goofed mine up and am still looking for a solution.

Back to Hardware Forum
12 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02