General discussion

Server 2003 Disconnected Network Drive

By ctmoore1998 ·
I have a Server in which 2 of 5 mapped shares are shown as "Disconnected Network Drive" If you double click on the share you can access the data. If you right mouse and choose 'disconnect' You get the error msg 'Network connection could not be found' If you go to a cmd prompt and do a net use the 2 disconnected shares are not listed if you try either a net use F: /d /y you get a network connection could not be found a net use * /d /y successfully disconnects the other 3 shares. If you then try a net use F: \server\share you get the error msg 'local device name already in use' Have search MS and internet for a solution can anyone help me clear the disconnected network drives???

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

37 total posts (Page 4 of 4)   Prev   02 | 03 | 04
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by ctmoore1998 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by mikegrobusky In reply to Server 2003 Disconnected ...

I have run into the same situation. The drive letters were originally mapped by a 'net use r: \\servername\sharename /persistent:no'. The 'disconnected drive' would not go away. Added a 'net use r: /delete' to the login script just above the mapping statements which DID make the disconnected drive disappear. The new r: mapping did take effect and was able to run the application. Like you, I searched the registy and was unable to find the network drive mapping table.
MG

Collapse -

Collapse -

by dclay2112 In reply to Server 2003 Disconnected ...

Go to the link posted in answer 9. After searching for what seems like an eternity, I finally got the answer. Thanks big time, Ben!

Collapse -

Collapse -

by ctmoore1998 In reply to Server 2003 Disconnected ...

This question was closed by the author

Collapse -

One possible solution

by henry-m In reply to Server 2003 Disconnected ...

In our environment I found for this specific server the script which maps the drives were applied through GPO, but to Computer Configuration rather than user.
As a result the batch file which mapps the drives were applied before user logs on and appeared as disconnected, later when user logs since s/he has access right it works.

So the policy should be changed.

Back to Windows Forum
37 total posts (Page 4 of 4)   Prev   02 | 03 | 04