General discussion

Shared Exchange 2000 calendar

By infoguy ·
I've been asked to create a "common" calendar for all my Exchange 2000 users. Ideally, the default calendar in Outlook 2002 would be this shared calendar. This one calendar would contain each users's appointments, but each user would only see their own appointments plus other appointments from their active directory group(s). I've been searching the web and reading the Exchange 2000 Server Admin. Companion, but to no avail - I've seen nothing similar to this. I'd prefer to do this without resorting to third-party software, but I haven't ruled that out. So my problems are thus: 1) how to change the default calendar in Outlook 2002 2) how to prevent users from seeing anything they are not supposed to see on this shared calendar. Thanks in advance for the help.

Infoguy

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

14 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by infoguy In reply to Shared Exchange 2000 cale ...

Again, I want some items to be invisible to the ordinary user, and only seen by a certain group.

Collapse -

by kdrungilas In reply to Shared Exchange 2000 cale ...

I agree with the answer in #1, Sue Mosher's site is the ultimate for info on Outlook and calendaring. http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/scheduleall.htm

But, I do not believe there is a solution there that will allow you to restrict viewing certain appts. on the calendar to certain people, and that seems to be what you want. Allowing someone to view a calendar allows them to view all the public appts. Even tho you can mark some appts as "private" and allow certain people the ability to seethese by granting them "Owner" permissions on the folder, you cannot limit viewing any other way using OL tools.

It may be possible to create some VB code to view only appts created by a group. But I think a database setup serving limited items to permission groups might be the only way to do what you want.
kathy drungilas, www.outsourcecorp.com

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
14 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02