Software

Question

SharePoint 2007

By vern1271 ·
My company wants to setup a intranet portal for employees that can be accessed from the office (use Active directory for access) and from the internet...here is where I need help...they also want to set up multiple smaller sites that will be attached to the intranet site where clients and partners can download or upload information. Is this possible or should they all be separate sharepoint sites?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Woot, Devirginised!!

by Steffi28 In reply to Thanks Steffi28!

In that respect with the access its all to do with persmissions that the administrator gives out, you would just have to give different users different restrictions on the sites you want them to be allowed on, I know there is a way of not allowing people to go on the site at all but I'm not entirely sure about that as I'm not the administrator of our site, and permissions isnt something I've looked into too heavily, I know its easy enough to give out permissions though, and I think (when logged on as administrator and after the administrator has added the usernames passwords to the site, again something I'm not sure on how to do) on the homepage it can be accessed for the Site Actions bar, then site settings, this should be in the first coloumn under something like site permissions.

I know these permissions can also be set through WSS on the server but once again thats something im not 100% sure on, and I think its easier doing it through the SharePoint site.