General discussion

Should I use WinME or Win2000?

By goldenjedi ·
I use my computer to print out paper typed in word, go on the internet and print on the internet, download and play music and MP3's, burn CD's, make and print out CD labels. I dont play video games on it. I need to know if I should use ME or Win2000. I have a Pentium 3 500Mhz, 128MGs of RAM, win 98se and my computer crashes way too often so I want to know which OS should I upgrade to.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

13 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by SMURPHIOUS In reply to Should I use WinME or Win ...

I used win98se and ME on my 550 Athlon for around 2 months. Having moved to win2K around 5months ago, and having not looked abck since, i would recommend win2K over any other microsoft OS. Previous replies to your question have mentioned driver related issues, well, most 'older' hardware is supported by win2K resident drivers. If win2k does not have drivers for the hardware, quite often the NT4 drivers will suffice. Be warned tho, win2k is different to 98/ME in many ways that you canonly reallyfind out through use. i recommend that you try both operating systems in a dual boot type setup. Simply just format and re-partition your HDD, and install ME on one partition then run the win2K installer. hope this helps. :)

Collapse -

by goldenjedi In reply to Should I use WinME or Win ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by goldenjedi In reply to Should I use WinME or Win ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
13 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02