Malware

General discussion

The Webninja Vetos XP SP3 and C++ 2005 Updates!

By the_webninja ·
I am posting this here to let those of you know who might be experiencing the same problems,that I recently had a long frustrating experience diagnosing and fixing a problem with my main PC.

The Symptoms started out with Windows Crashing Repeatedly for some unknown reason. After going through every part of my Hardware and realising it wasn't anything hardware related, I double Checked my BIOS and even Refreshed my BIOS, and still my system kept Crashing on Boot. So TWICE I Formatted the Hard Drive and Re-installed Windows, and after downloading all the Updates, the Crashes started again!!

So unsure what was causing the Problems I Formatted the Hard Drive and Re-installed Windows again. I Double Checked to make Sure I didn't have a Boot Sector Virus Lurking around anywhere, then I hesitated about downloading ANYTHING until I could pin point the Problem. Windows automatically Defaults to have Automatic Updates Turned on, so when I shut down the System it Automatically Downloaded the Updates again. The next day when I booted up Windows Crashed AGAIN! So I re-installed Windows for a Third time, and when Automatic Updates Downloaded XP SP3 and C++ 2005 it started Crashing again!!
But this time I wanted to figure out exactly which Programs were causing the Crashing. So I uninstalled XP SP3 and C++ 2005 and low and behold everything was back to Normal.

If any of you happen to Work with Microsoft please walk over to the Software Engineering area where they do the XP updates, walk up to the Guy Responsible and Slap him upside the head REAL HARD, and say "THAT's for Fuking up the Webninja's Computer you Moron!"

Thanks!
:)

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

It's all in the order you apply the updates.

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to The Webninja Vetos XP SP3 ...

I've updated all of our systems to XP SP3 as well as all C++ updates and have had absolutely zero problems.

The problem is in the order you're applying the updates. Install the system without being connected to any network or the internet. Install all device drivers. Turn off the Auto-Update. Install anti-virus software. Connect to the internet and update anti-virus first. THEN, update XP to SP3, either through manual download or through stand-alone on a CD. Go back to Windows Update and get all the rest of the critical patches. Reboot as necessary throughout this procedure.

Then, and ONLY then, should you start installing software, including C++ and its updates.

Collapse -

Update on situation...

by the_webninja In reply to The Webninja Vetos XP SP3 ...

I posted my experience with XP SP3 here to benefit OTHERS not myself. As I had mentioned earlier I already corrected the Problem on my Machine. So my Intentions were only something Good to benefit others from experiencing the same hardships I did. Others who replied to my Post only Replied in Hatred and Contempt for me posting in the first place as IF they are trying to run me off or Something. (Which would never happen, cause that's why I am the Web Ninja and you have some other Stupid ID name, cause you came AFTER me, not before. You came after all the Good Names were taken.

But for those who can see through all the Republican Propiganda that others Spew forth without any FACTS in some effort as if to try to gain some kind of CONTROL over this Forum.

I am here to post a few more FACTS Related to the Problems I was having before. (Keeping focused on the issue rather than the Person.)
In conducting further Tests on a completely different machine, I also found that XP SP3 (Which Automatically Downloads with Automatic Updates, and the Common user would never Research Compatiblities of these Updates in Google prior to allowing Automatic Updates to Install them.)
XP SP3 was also found to cause Conflicts in D-link and Other Wireless Drivers which completely inhibits the Computer's ability to use the Wireless Internet Adapter.

Once again, this is a Problem that I did not Create. THEY Created it. I only am reporting my Experiences with the Software so that maybe those who actually ARE Smarter than me, Can DO SOMETHING about it. Instead of the Little dogs who only bark at the Moon. :)

Collapse -

We love you too.

by CharlieSpencer In reply to Update on situation...

"Others who replied to my Post only Replied in Hatred and Contempt ... I am the Web Ninja and you have some other Stupid ID name"

And if that statement doesn't demonstrate hatred and contempt, then I don't know what does. Pot, kettle; you two should get along just fine.

"for those who can see through all the Republican Propiganda that others Spew forth ..."

Hey, I'm independent. Republicans don't have a monopoly on spewing around here.

"XP SP3 was also found to cause Conflicts in D-link and Other Wireless Drivers which completely inhibits the Computer's ability to use the Wireless Internet Adapter."

Quite likely. You may want to check both the MS and D-Link web site to see if there are updated patches or drivers for this problem.

Collapse -

Update on your situation for you...

by The 'G-Man.' In reply to Update on situation...