General discussion

This week: Top 100 and Top 5 lists

By sMoRTy71 ·
Just wanted to give you all a heads up as to what we're rolling out this week.

1. Top 100 members list
Based on the new Site Activity Meter, we have created a list of the Top 100 members over the past 30 days. If the member has a Profile page, you will be able to click through and learn more about them. In the second phase of this page, we will add the Site Activity Meter to each member so that you can get a better idea of the rankings.

2. Top 100 status on Member Signature
If you are in the Top 100 members list, your ranking will be displayed underneath your activity meter (#56 of Top 100). Clicking the "Top 100" link will take you to the full Top 100 list mentioned above.

3. Top 5 per topic
We will also display the Top 5 most-active members per Discussion Center and Technical Q&A topic. We hope this helps recognize members in each of their areas of expertise. For example, you may not be the most active member overall; however, you can still be the most-active in a topic like "Network Administration."

These enhancements will roll out late Wednesday, so please let us know what you think of them and how we can improve them.

Thanks,
sm

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

39 total posts (Page 3 of 4)   Prev   01 | 02 | 03 | 04   Next
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

I second that notion

by house In reply to Sounds good

I agree. I often check out a member's other Q&A and Discussion contributions. This ability is hampered by the fact that - without a proper profile, the link is not present.

If you want to have a good laugh, look up apotheon's discussions, and then look for a staircase pattern with his name involved. It is most often an argument with another member who is feeding us their input with an ignorant point of view. In any case, it is good for a laugh when you are bored.

Chris

Collapse -

thanks, I think

by apotheon In reply to I second that notion

I do like to be entertaining, as well as technically accurate. I have found that an interesting side-effect of going after technical inaccuracies in others' posts is that the discussion often quickly becomes amusing due to inaccurate invention being piled on top of inaccurate assumption in desperate attempts to justify earlier statements.

Then again, maybe I'm just a windbag.

Collapse -

You're right

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to thanks, I think

With Friends like that who needs enemies?

Only kidding but I do see where you are coming from and Chris did make an interesting observation.

Col

Collapse -

Lost in translation

by house In reply to thanks, I think

Maybe some of my wording gets lost in translation when people read my posts. It might sound way different in my head than how it is interpreted on screen.

Trust me, when I am reading your posts, it is not you who I am laughing at! :)

Chris

Collapse -

We had a discussion about that

by Oz_Media In reply to Lost in translation

Before we were allowed basic HTML tagging, the ponly way to emphasise something was to capitalize it. When you read a post, you had no idea how the persona tone actually was and it was too easy to misinterpret something and take it offensively. Now we can bolditalicize and underline comments so as not to appear to be SHOUTING ALL THE TIME!!!

One that always kills me though is when someone gets offended by a post and comments on the TONE someone is using. What kind of cool computers do these people have? Is text recognition really that good now?

Collapse -

Oz it must be the way

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Lost in translation

That their text to speech engines are working.

I can not help but wonder just what the voices sound like though. Maybe they can program their speech engines so that when a particular person replies they get different voices coming out of the speakers. Like Max and OZ sounding like a rabid Adolf and some one else sounding like a sex starved female or whatever they desire.

Col

Collapse -

You are busted OZ

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Sounds good

When you filled out your Peer Listing did you use your real name?

If so now well all see it instead of the few that you communicate with.

I can just see it now OZ & Maxwell rushing in to change their Member listings. Well it should be interesting anyway.

Cheers Col

Collapse -

What are you talking about Colin?

by Oz_Media In reply to You are busted OZ

My peer listing states my alias. If you see a post of my alias on TR, it is a blue link just like yours. When you look at the top 100, SOME of them are links some are not.

I assume this is from having the Peer Contact feature turned on or off, however I think it should just be a link to your Profile, not your bank account and your daughter's chastity belt.

If you click my name it opens my profile which I can make whatever I want it to be.

I am not referring to disclosing real names of addresses.

Collapse -

Colin's right...

by house In reply to What are you talking abou ...

...relax a little bit and give us your info. We don't need your social security status. Some of us could use your daugh... never mind. :)

Actually, I don't really care either way. If OZ trusts a fellow peer, then he would surely respond accordingly. Whether or not he wants his name, biography, and address posted is really not of my concern. He has made himself available through peer contact, and that is good enough for me.

Chris

Collapse -

It was just the way I read the original message OZ

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to What are you talking abou ...

It sounded like they where changing the current listing procedures.

Don't worry it's just me again in "Fairy Land" as I have far too much work and I'm only skimming here when I have the time "That's while the crop of computers in front of me don't demand attention."

Col

Back to Community Forum
39 total posts (Page 3 of 4)   Prev   01 | 02 | 03 | 04   Next