Question

• Creator
    Topic

Toshiba A135-S2276 Bios Reset

by japfingsten ·

I just bought a Toshiba A135-S2276 to take with me to Iraq. Well, I’ve had it less than a month. I plugged in something to the USB drive, it froze up, so I forced restarted it and at the Bios screen it asked me for a password. I’ve researched the heck out of resetting bios passwords and all, and I’m running out of options. I definately never set a password for bios, this I know. The defaults don’t work. Since mailing it back really isn’t an option at the time, I took it apart down to the motherboard. The CMOS battery is soldered on. I can’t find a jumper or dipswitch anywhere. Anyone have any help, advice, or expirience on this particular model and can offer me their two cents. Thanks alot.

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by japfingsten ·

In reply to Toshiba A135-S2276 Bios Reset

Clarifications

HELP

by vogelboy ·

I have this EXACT same model with this EXACT same problem! I plugged in my ipod and the computer froze while installing the drivers… i forced it to shut off and it actually refused to even post for a couple of times but then it just started to ask for the bios password. I have no idea what this is and i never set it myself. I was just about to take it all apart and look fro the cmos battery when i read your post- thank you for doing it first. If anyone can help us out I would be eternally grateful!

Any luck

by japfingsten ·

In reply to HELP

Any luck yet? No one seems to have an answer 🙁

Contact Toshiba

by langlier ·

In reply to Any luck

There is likely a backdoor password to access and change your BIOS settings. Unfortunately there is not much else you can do. Taking apart the laptop was a bad idea as you voided your warranty (if you had one). Good luck with toshiba they should be able to help.

toshiba a135-2276 bios password

by jebabione ·

In reply to Contact Toshiba

I had the same problem with my computer one month after buying it. I took it to a service center to be repaired, and a month later I got it back just today, 2 months later, same problem again. I am going to try to contact toshiba customer relations monday to try and get the computer replaced. The only problem is the last time I tried to get them on the phone they had me on hold for 2 hours. so good luck trying to solve your problem. And I hope it doesn’t happen a second time to you too.

password phoenix bios toshiba satellite A135-S2276

by perspektif_dimensi ·

In reply to toshiba a135-2276 bios password

what I can ask the password of phoenix of bios toshiba
          satellite A153-S2276 ???

please….!!!

have the same problem

by ruffman ·

In reply to password phoenix bios toshiba satellite A135-S2276

when i power up the lap top it asks for a pass word

So…

by seanferd ·

In reply to have the same problem

1) Find out or remember the password.

2) Contact Toshiba.

it worked

by esmaglalang ·

In reply to toshiba a135-2276 bios password

thanks for the post on shorting jopen1. it works for me.

Toshiba A135-S2276 same problem

by bigbadbrown ·

To Whom This May Concern:

You know what? It seems like in reading this message you’ve had the same problem I have right at the very minute. I bought my Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276 from Best Buy. One night I was playing my Chessmaster 9000 game with the mouse on the actual laptop. I was already booted into Windows Vista Home Basic. When I went to put my USB mouse in, all of a sudden, it just froze up. When I tried to hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete, it wouldn’t do anything. I held down the power button and restarted. When I did, it brought me to the BIOS password. So now to answer your question, since I’m a computer technician myself, the first option was to flash the BIOS. The second option was to get a utility that will reset the password. The third option is to replace the motherboard. When you can’t change the password, you have to just break down and replace the motherboard. Here’s my concerns: If I crack it open, I lose my warranty because they think I’ve been tampering with it. About the best option you have since you’re still under warranty is to just take it to a Toshiba authorized dealer and let them justifiably figure out the problem. The default password for the BIOS is phoenix. Phoenix is all lower case letters. Another thing you can do is as the system is booting up, right before you get to the Toshiba splash screen, you have to tap on the Shift key. If neither of those options work and you don’t have something to crack the BIOS password, unfortunately, you’re shit out of luck. Final solution: Take it back to the Toshiba dealer and let them figure it out. It’s less of a headache unless you feel luck. That’s what I plan to do with mines being that a 2 or 3 month old laptop should work like a champ.

Toshiba A135-S2276 Bios Reset

by angelopc ·

Power unit off. Disconnect AC power. Remove battery. Remove the memory cover screw, memory cover and the memory modules. Peel back mylar from JOPEN1 solder pad. Short JOPEN1 solder pads for 30 seconds. Replace mylar. Replace memory modules. Replace battery. Power up unit. If all is well, replace memory cover and screw.

Sorry, I must have missed something here…

by older mycroft ·

“Power unit off. Disconnect AC power. Remove battery….. …Short solder JOPEN1 solder pads for 30 seconds.”

Pardon me but don’t you need power to create a short?

Yes…you missed something.

by angelopc ·

In reply to Sorry, I must have missed something here…

When you disconnect the battery and the AC from the laptop, how do you think it keeps the correct time?

Regardless of power, a short is just a condition which represents a path for current.

Quite so, dear boy – and you said it!

by older mycroft ·

In reply to Yes…you missed something.

What do you reckon, based on your ob(li)vious techy stance, would be the effect of a thirty-second short on a rechargeable battery?

What state of charge would it contain after such a procedure?

What ability to retain a charge would it then possess?

Would it still function as a battery?

Or is there a risk that the electrolyte might just happen to go for a walk?

You’re dischrging an super-capacitor

by robo_dev ·

In reply to Quite so, dear boy – and you said it!

It won’t harm it any. Most devices use a cap instead of a battery, because it’s cheaper and does not need to be replaced every three years

picture request for methode of short JOPEN1

by jimmy.tanjung ·

In reply to Yes…you missed something.

Could you send me a picture (how to short JOPEN1)?

Please….

Warms Regards
          Jimmy

Battery

by parkerwa ·

In reply to Sorry, I must have missed something here…

Shorting the pad to ground basically removes the bios battery from the circuit, allowing the eeprom to clear. The Bios battery helps keep the data in the eeprom. If the battery ever dies, the eeprom again will clear.

You’re supposed to read the post – not just the TITLE !..

by older mycroft ·

In reply to Battery

The guy wasn’t interested in ‘shorting out / clearing out’ the EEPROM.

He was asking how to get rid of the BIOS password.

As you should already be aware, the password is no longer stored in the EEPROM, so shorting out or denial of battery power will achieve nothing other than a reset EEPROM.

Also, had you taken the time to notice WHEN the question (that you never read) was posted, you’d have realised the OP has probably retired from active service by now, let alone returned from his tour of duty!! 😀

But wwhhyyyyyy?

by seanferd ·

In reply to You’re supposed to read the post – not just the TITLE !..

I don’ wanna…

Almost forgot…..Zombie!
          It will eat our brainsss.

Must be some kind of Zombie-Finder utility …

by older mycroft ·

In reply to But wwhhyyyyyy?

That (thankfully) I’ve never heard about.

How else do these folk find all these ancient artefacts that once were active threads ??

[i]Maybe because they’re just [b]THREADS[/b] they get mistaken for artefacts[/i]

All we need now is an “Indiana Jones” avatar! :^0

They’re actually quite easy to resurrect………..

by thumbsup2 ·

In reply to Must be some kind of Zombie-Finder utility …

If one uses any of the major search engines on a regular basis, they’ll notice that TR posts come up quite often. All you have to do is click on the link and you’re taken directly to the article/forum. You may land in the middle of a thread though, so often people will reply to some old thread and, after registering, actually resurrect the thread with their own new post.

By offering awesome advice to the dead

by seanferd ·

works every time.

(Where is the thread now?
          It’s being examined by top men.)

TU2 – But look at Parkerwa[i]llah[/i]’s age !!…

by older mycroft ·

The bloke(ss) is into the 9th year of membership.

Whoa!

by seanferd ·

Maybe found via the old “People who read this also read…”

Been caught by that a few times myself.

Almost as old as Jaqui!

So THAT’S how it’s done.

by santeewelding ·

The resurrection part, I mean.

I noticed back when that TR shows up a lot on general searches. It’s what got me sucked into this asylum.

Too late on this post

by mayosoft ·

In reply to You’re supposed to read the post – not just the TITLE !..

RE: batteries and EEPROMS.

They store their data by holding gates in position. When the charge that holds the gates is dissipated they revert to the original states. All 0’s, when the computer is turned back on – if the state is all 0’s, data is read from ROM bios. (Small flatpak chip with leads on two sides.) into EEPROM.

This procedure below can be done on most Toshiba boards made by HANNStar (the blue boards). Remove Battery, Hold power button for 30 sec. Plug in AC while holding power button. (The lights should flash, or stay on about 10 sec then go off) Release Power button. Put battery back in, and turn on normally. That too is a method for reloading EEPROM data.

Newer laptop hold data in a 8k area in the keyboard buffer. This is one way is the most secure and difficult to remove. (usually on the DualCore/CoreDuo chipsets)

Again, the method mentioned previously does work. Clearing the CMOS does remove the BIOS password. Shorting/draining the charge on the EEPROM does the same.

Short JOPEN1

by jescobedo1 ·

Here you state to Short JOPEN1 solder for 30 seconds. I’m not that experience and unfamiliar with the terms. How can I go by creating this short. What do I use and how do generate this short? I would really appreciate your assistance.

???

by wafu ·

In reply to Short JOPEN1

Im sure its easy to do, but do you want to void your warranty? Just send your notebook to a Toshiba service center and let them do it.

* wag na masyado pabibo..

praise to angelo

by tony.larratta ·

This is the working repair took 3 minutes. Dont waist time on the other posts. Its quick painless and simple think about it no power to board just bios battery. Worked like a charm. wish all posters knew what they were doing
        Thanks again angelo!!

Thanks Angelopc

by buttzilla ·

Thanks you save me a nice long head ache. I also acquired this problem with a usb mouse problem today at work. I did what you said and it didn’t work the first time then I remembered that sometimes you must hold the power button when reseting the bios on some mother boards so that what i did and it worked the second time. I used needle nose pliers to short the jumpers. Thanks again.

similar problem with A135-s2286

by berokin ·

Read your post, just not clear on how i should shrt the JOPEN1.Am in africa so tech support not a real option. Could you expound on how to short the JOPEN1. Much appreciated

toshiba a135-s2286 power – on password fix

by noordinia ·

In reply to similar problem with A135-s2286

thanks angelo… it wprked perfect 4 me; berokin am in nairobi maybe i can help u if u get in touch;

man of the hour!

by thmfic97233 ·

did what you said took a few times but hey IT WORKED!!Then I d/l’d the fix from toshiba in hopes it wont happen again but if it does Thanks to you Im ready.
        O U T S T A N D I N G!!!

AngeloPC is the man

by dthomasak ·

FNA Angelo. Had her fixed in under 5 minutes!!! That’s what forums like this are all about, sharing information on fixes for POS’s like these laptaps.

Kudos!!!!!

A135 S2276 – BIOS password – Good and BadNews

by gattoni ·

Dear Mr. AngeloPC,

GOOD: I connected JOPEN1 with pin 1 and the laptop, like a Phoenix bird, born once more. No more need for BIOS password. I need 60 or more seconds to have the CMOS battery completely discharged. This is the good new.

BAD: After this I was preparing to update BIOS as recommended by Toshiba, but the machine locked the mouse cursor on the desktop screen. No overheating, no CTRL-ALT-DEL and I needed to press Power On button some time to have the machine OFF.
        When I tried to Power On the laptop nothing occurred. The Toshiba logo (in red) doesn?t appears, the HD led flashes for 1 or 2 seconds and the machine is stopped. Nothing on the screen. Nothing, nothing, nothing. I tried a lot of procedures (with battery, with no battery, with power and battery, with memory cards, with no memory cards, I jumped the JOPNEN1 once more… but nothing gone to be good.

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance.

Hugo Penido Gattoni
        Brazil – MG

Short JOPEN1, bad thing to do…

by bigjohn.18082 ·

In reply to A135 S2276 – BIOS password – Good and BadNews

I had the same problem on my A135-S2276 about the BIOS password showing up.. AS Angelo PC said I short the JOPEN1 and rebooted… i reset the password log into vista everything works fine until after a few minutes it freezes… So i forced it to shutdown and tried starting it and nothing…
          No Toshiba logo, no fans running, the DVD drive doesn’t eject. Just the power LED, and Battery LED is ON. I tried it all. Finally i think i’ll have to take it to toshiba which is miles away. Damn…..

Just need clarification

by cjskerkis ·

In reply to A135 S2276 – BIOS password – Good and BadNews

I have tried this short, but I am not sure if I short all pins 1-20 or if just pin 1 and to where? TO each other, to a ground? I haven’t had any luck. Very frustrated, can anyone help. Thanks

AWESOME

by clewandow ·

I registered just to say that this works fantastically and AngeloPC rocks.

Thank You!!!

by rgjr61 ·

It worked. I know these tips provide info that some do NOT want circulated. I too suffered the mysterious password error with my Phoenix BIOS and I again have access thanks to your tip.

Robert G

Need help

by cjskerkis ·

In reply to Thank You!!!

Can you tell me which pins you shorted?

A135-S4467??

by liatris77 ·

Anyone know how to do this for a Toshiba A135-S4467? My computer froze mid- BIOS update, and is now inoperable. I’d love to reset the BIOS but can’t find any info on this model (and getting to the CMOS battery to take it out is a real pain on this thing). Or, alternatively, any idea how long I’d need to leave the machine unplugged without its laptop battery to simply drain the CMOS battery?

well firstly if this happened during a Failed BIOS Upgrade

by oh smeg ·

In reply to A135-S4467??

The BIOS is Incomplete and you [b]Can Not[/b] recover it. You Have to send it to a Authorized Service Agent to have the M’Board replaced.

Col

It wokred

by tejakris ·

Hi Angelo, u r the man..

Very good instructions, it worked for us in first time itself. Thank you

AngeloPC *** Thanks alot

by ravenrip ·

dude..thanks

you are awsome

by year_old_redneck ·

it did work and it is awsome

thank you!

by freelong1 ·

Took me a feew tries. It worked when I put some pressure on jopen1. Thank you!

Angelo – you are a genius

by fdxtech ·

You just saved me hours of messing around, and probably $100+ if I had to send this thing in. Thanks a million dude.

At first I thought “Oh right, I’m going to open up my Laptop and find this Jwhatever1 and short it with a screwdriver?! WHAT? No way!”

Then I read more here of people who did it. And it was just that simple. I used a flat screwdriver to connect the two sides of the pad for 30 secs or so, and viola! I am back up and running.

Reponse To Answer

by dos989 ·

OldER Mycroft is quite dense. Angelo’s answer has helped many and his post is in place for something we call INFORMATION. Regardless of how old the question is, the information is here for people to use. And if OldER Mycroft doesn’t know enough to figure out what a short is, he shouldn’t be in any forums dealing with electronics or technology. Also, NO, OldER Mycroft, you don’t need power to create a short. A short is an electrical path. Its there whether or not power is. And, if you say, the battery is rechargeable, then what would happen, per se, if you REACHARGE IT? So, OldER Mycroft, learn yourself something about it or stay out of it.

AngeloPC’s Worked Perfect For Me!

by dewayne.smith ·

NT

Another one

by purplecrazy1969 ·

I unfortuatly am having the same issue with my toshiba,My husband is in Iraq also and my computer is our source of comunication. Mine is about 4 months old and has already had they system board replaced. We have 3 Toshiba Sattelite computers, and 2 of this model, needless to say I am not happy. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Toshiba tonight and they said there is no password and I have to send the computer in again. I have only had it back for about 10 days since the last time they repaired it. I suggest you try to get them to replace the computer as this is looking like it is a pattern with this model. Hope all is well for you in Iraq

Beware

by tsayyah ·

In reply to Another one

From a previous post, I saw the comment on shorting the Jopen1 which is located by the IDE controller chipset. 99% of anyone attempting to do so will void the warranty since 99% will short the IDE chipset and cause the laptop not to boot the HDD (it will get recognized in POST yet it won’t boot).

Be careful and that’s what will definitely void your warranty if attempted.

Toshiba hav made a patch

by encore4k ·

In reply to Beware

B4 u all go opening up your laptops and removing this and shorting that (and all that tech stuff normal people like me dont know about) Toshiba have created a download for those of us who havnt had this problem yet.

But if like me you do have this problem (my laptop is only two days old and froze after i plugged my ipod in and then upon resseting it asked for a password), then apparently you can send your device to a authorized toshiba repair shop and they will fix it free of charge.

Go to the website and check tech support. I dunno how long it will take to fix…but its only a password.

HOLY COW

by stephenrossr6 ·

In reply to Toshiba hav made a patch

ok well im in the same boat. i here in iraq bought the toshiba computer and two months later plug my IPOD in and bamn you know the story. so my question is all this shorting out and stuff like that i dont have a clue what the hell all that is. so if someone can tell me what the JOPEN1 thing is and what not that would be awsome because i would really like to have my computer back! its my only sourse of fun around here

now thats what I’m talking about!

by thmfic97233 ·

In reply to Beware

I tried once,then twice then with the power button depressed and nothing.I realized i was touching the solder joint and not that little square one one side(on mine anyway)so try #4 counted to 30 ,didnt expect to much but YEAH! IT WORKS !!
          I then downloaded the fix from toshiba hoping it wont happen again.But if it does,thanks to you I’m ready.
          OUTSTANDING!!

same problem in Taji

by jroddublr692000 ·

I see it’s been a while since this post, but I do have the solution for you. After half a dozen of the same model (must be the one they sell at the PX) and much research, I found the BIOS reset. All you have to do is take the RAM cover off, remove the RAM chips and take the piece of plastic off the motherboard. Locate the solder pad labeled ‘JOPEN1’, and with a pair of small screwdrivers (or Gerbers, whichever is more convenient), short the ‘JOPEN1’ pad to the solder joint above and to the left of that pad (there should be a little white triangle pointing to it). If you are still in need of assistance, send me a message and I will forward a pic of the procedure. Good luck.

additional info request

by dempsey ·

In reply to same problem in Taji

ok, this same thing just happen to my daughter’s computer. can’t believe they didn’t do an auto update or contact owners of this problem. I’ve done lots of computer repair and have built a few but am always nervous about attempting something different. Just want to be sure before I do this. I see the JOPEN1 and just above that is a solder joint which is 1/8 inch or so square. next to it is an arrow/white triangle with probably 20 solder joints about a 1/16 inch or so wide. so what I need is to go from the square one to the one just about the arrow for 30 seconds? on mine it appears there really is no need to remove the protective plastic as there is enough of the solder joint exposed to access both joints. can I post web links on here? guess I’ll try, I’m going to put a photo of this part of the computer on my website at denvereldridge.com/solderjoint.jpg

solder joint photo

by dempsey ·

In reply to additional info request

Ok, took me a while with the photo. trying to take a picture of such a small area and getting it to come out even half way clear is difficult. took 3 different cameras and several takes but my daughters new kodak 8megapixal did the trick. hope this photo is helpful to others in identifying and resolving this issue.
          once again the link is denvereldridge.com/solderjoint.jpg (I hope no one thinks I’m trying to promote my website. I have no reason to since it’s mostly stuff about me and my family. Nothing for sale.)just in case my this will make the link clickable solderjoint

Oh well

by dempsey ·

In reply to solder joint photo

don’t seem it’s going to work for me. have tried the recommended method several times with no luck. guess I’ll be taking it back to CC tomorrow.

Here is a good picture as well as a simplified explanation

by thebigman007 ·

In reply to solder joint photo

After being very upset, I decided to help others that may have gone through what I did. I did a lot of research and was lucky enough to have found this forum. However, since it was lacking pics of the repair, I decided it was my duty to take care of this. Also, I felt the repair explanation was a little “above and beyond” for some of its readers (hopefully you have some technical background if you are going to perform this repair, I’d recommend you should!!!).

When previous posts said: “Short out JOPEN1” it simply means discharge/drain remaining power in the circuit. Simply connect these two points with some kind of metal. This will connect these two points and cause a “Short”; to occur. You can use two screw drivers, a needle nose pliers, or simply a tweezers. Good luck!!!

Once you have fixed this bios password issue, here is the link for page that has the bios update.
          http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_dtlViewDL.jsp?soid=1858470&moid=1596141&rpn=PSAD6U&BV_SessionID=@@@@0633562267.1199678618@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccceaddmmhdiejhcgfkceghdgngdgnn.0&ct=DL&all_docs=false

Here is the downloadable link: http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/sa130d6v140.exe
          Here is the link for the photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22641186@N08/2174316598/in/photostream/

After

Now that makes sense

by dempsey ·

In reply to Here is a good picture as well as a simplified explanation

I thought that little square above JOPEN1 is what everyone was talking about but it doesn’t exactly look like a solder joint. Could have been better described by saying the square with what appears to be a T and U intersected. Instead I was shorting the big solder joint next to it with the one above the white arrow. that didn’t work so now a Toshiba tech has it. since mine is still under warranty it’s probably best that I took it to them anyway. thanks for posting a clear image and explanation of this fix.

Location of the picture

by thebigman007 ·

FYI, this part of the motherboard is located underneath the memory modules.

Image Reliable????

by monzol ·

When I read about shorting the JOPEN1 solder pads then I immediately think of connecting the U-shape pad with the T-shape pad, the two pads that intersect inside the JOPEN1 square, and not where the white triangle points on the image on the flickr website. I think that’s what caused the disasters. Now it would be great to hear from those whose laptop has survived the operation and to know what they exactly did. Thanks!

Toshiba A135-S2276 Bios Reset,Short JOPEN1,

by abambo ·

Yes this has worked but the performance is poor,but however many thanks to you guys.

HN

Thank You Very Much

by dragon010101 ·

My Good God!!!! You have no idea how i am, thank a lot for the picture , cu,z i was doing it wrong , i was touching the wrong thing, but thanks to the pic my laptop is up and running , as you can see , i live in the Dominican Republic , and for me to take it to an IT will cost me a fortune, i was searching for help for more than 6 hrs, most of my business info i have it on the pc, YOU SAVE ME , and also i like to thank ANGELO for all the help that he is giving, thanks THEBIGMAN007

Bios Reset

by fireman_103 ·

I shorted out just as shown in the pic. I rebooted my pc and something came up with a cmos error and resetting to default. It booted to the Toshiba screen the went black. I lost power and now there is nothing at all that will come on.

picture of the procedure to short JOPEN1

by jimmy.tanjung ·

In reply to same problem in Taji

Could you send me a picture of the procedure to short JOPEN1 on my laptop?
        Highly Appreciate

Kind Regards
        Jimmy

Did you solve it?

by fatemehtorabiasr ·

I have the same problem.Is your laptop repaired or have3 you found a solution?
      I’ll be thankful if you tell me how.

toshiba bios reset

by dempsey ·

In reply to Did you solve it?

well, it turns out the previous mentioned methods of resetting the bios are correct. then you need to update the bios so it doesn’t happen again. one thing, not sure if it was related but I believe it had to be. after correcting the bios problem all of my usb ports went defective. I kept getting error messages saying my device could not be detected but it was actually a problem with the usb ports. lucky for me I had about 2 weeks warrantee left because I had to have the motherboard replaced. I hope that’s the end of my problems with that one since warrantee is now expired.

Short JOPEN1 and disaster will strike

by bigjohn.18082 ·

Advice… I had the same problem on my A135-S2276 about the BIOS password showing up.. AS Angelo PC said I short the JOPEN1 and rebooted… i reset the password log into vista everything works fine until after a few minutes it freezes… So i forced it to shutdown and tried starting it and nothing…
      No Toshiba logo, no fans running, the DVD drive doesn’t eject. Just the power LED, and Battery LED is ON. I tried Changing memory module, removing battery, running with power adapter and withput batteries. Finally i think i’ll have to take it to toshiba which is miles away. Damn…..
      Any advice please help..

What exactly did you short?

by monzol ·

In reply to Short JOPEN1 and disaster will strike

Can you please tell us what exactly you shorted? Is it the two solder pads (U-shape & T-shape that intersect) inside the white square next to the JOPEN1 label, or you shorted one of these with the pin 1 solder pad where the white triangle points according to the image a few posts earlier? Thanks in advance!

resetting bios on Toshiba A135

by dempsey ·

In reply to What exactly did you short?

Since I still had warranty coverage I decided to take mine to the service center. According to the tech I believe he shorted the 2 solder joints in the photo. Regardless, my computer was repaired. But, I don’t know it the was a result of that repair or a coincidence but my usb ports failed afterwards and they had to replace my motherboard. Lucky for me I still had about 2 weeks or less coverage. All is well for now but now that my warranty is expired I expect that is not the end of my problems with that computer.

Fixing BIOS incorrect power-on password promt on Toshiba Laptops

by ze.no ·

In reply to resetting bios on Toshiba A135

I have found a great post of ‘Fixing BIOS incorrect power-on password promt on Toshiba Laptops’ and here is the link: http://kerneltrap.org/node/15419. Since the model A135-2276 was not listed in the post, i don’t know if this solution will be work out for the model.

Damn…..Do Not short the JOPEN1 !!!!!

by ze.no ·

I had performed the exact operations as mentioned in this post (Shorting the terminal which looks like letter U of JOPEN1 to the Silver 1/4″ post which is connecting the motherboard to the laptop casewith with a metal paper clip). When I powered on the laptop, Nothing happened: No Toshiba logo, na fans running!!!!
        Damn….. Any advice please send me email to ze.no@hotmail.com thanks.

Password prompt

by dempsey ·

In reply to Damn…..Do Not short the JOPEN1 !!!!!

It’s been a long time since this issue first came up. I just wonder how many have successfully corrected the problem by shorting these post without any new problems occurring afterwards? I took mine to a Toshiba service center and from my conversation with them I believe they used the same method. But, after fixing the prompt error my usb ports went defective. They had to replace my motherboard! Lucky for me this all took place with only 2 weeks warranty left. So it leaves me wondering if there is a true fix to begin with or should the motherboard have to be replaced in the first place?
          PS:ZE.NO–I notice you said you shorted to the U and 1/4″ post? According to a photo that was sent earlier that doesn’t sound right. In the photo the arrows are pointing to the U and the first short solder connection just above what looks like an arrow on the motherboard itself. But, as I said, I’m not sure it any of this will resolve the problem. It’s my opinion that since this error is a glitch in the motherboard Toshiba should be fixing it free of charge whether or not the warranty has expired. Also, I would not advise anyone else to short those contacts unless you are 100% that it is the correct method and you are in deed shorting the correct contacts.

Toshiba Satellite P205D, please HELP!

by arosales ·

In reply to Password prompt

Hi, I noticed all this issues are with the model A, I have a P205D, and really need to reset the BIOS but this laptop does not have anything to short under the memory area, also i checked the other link that shows how to rest it opening the keyboard area and this one does not have the same structure.. can anyone help me? The model is: Satellite P205D-S7208
          Issue: I have no access to the Keyboard averytime i start the laptop, I have to wait and put the laptop to sleep then hit power button and when it comes back the keyboard works!… this is very annoying, i have windows XP and Vista (dual boot) and it happends in both OS.

I HAVE THE REAL ANSWER!!!!

by condorfierro ·

OK GAYS IT?S QUITE SIMPLE, YOU MUST MAKE THE SHORT, YES BUT MAKE WITH THE LITTLE SQUARE AND CONNECT IT TO ANOTHER METAL WHICH MAKES GROUND, USE THIS WITHOUT THE BATTERY PLUGGED, AND REMEMBER TO MAKE THIS FOR 30 SECONDS, AND IN CASE THAT YOUR ENTIRE MACHINE GOES OFF DON?T BE IN PANIC, TRY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN FOR MORE TIME, OK.

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH I ?M SPANISH

To EVERYONE with a TOSHIBA. If you follow the advice..

by Anonymous ·

Without knowing your computer inside and out, then you try to do a fix, but you do not know what pin is what then your computer will go done the stop road. Please get reading material so that you can read up on the pins in question. If you do this fix and do not know but just guess then the out come will be a computer that goes to long sleep. You do the fix at your own risk.
      Enough said i think, reading through the posts on here make me laugh. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Please post back if you have any more problems or questions.

same problem as others

by bartha_stefan ·

the solution propose here work for me. problem solve in few minutes.

I had this problem last week but was not so lucky

by sak140 ·

In reply to same problem as others

Unfortunately I did not find this post and got screwed – $190. I feel like a chump!!!

The ASP (who should have done it for free) got my system working but the BIOS is still the old v1.10. The updated version for this computer is v1.4 but its for VISTA. I gave up on VISTA and went back to XP. Anyone know what version I can use for XP?

Problem With Solution

by legacy7x ·

In reply to I had this problem last week but was not so lucky

I tried this solution, but I got the result not as bad as others, but pretty problematic. I got past the BIos password by shorting the jopen1, reinstalled windows vista, installed all the drivers, but now my problem is that The Mouse pOinter and the Keyboard will stop responding a few minutes of not seconds after windows boots up. ocassionaly, very rare, but sometimes the computer won’t go past the red Toshiba screen. ANybody have any suggestions? if so please contact me asap, Legacy7x@hotmail.com

chip

by krowran ·

if you have no issues opening your laptop look for a chip with the numbers starting with 24….c16wi the rest is not a big issue cause they are all differnt but has to start with the numbers 24 now look for a little dot at the left bottom corner now there will be a total of 8 sodder pionts 4 on the top 4 on the bottom now look to your right go 3 sodder pionts over use a paper clip on the third sodder piont on the top and bottom at the same time ..while holding the paper clip on there power your laptop on..its going to say something like fn f1 or f2 or f3 etc at that piont just click the key that takes you into your bios now you have no more password its been completely cleared

Viewing 11 reply threads