Question

Toshiba Satellite A135-S7404 and downgrading OS

By jwbradd007 ·
My neighbor came over yesterday with his recent purchase of a Toshiba Satellite model A135-S7404 that came preinstalled with VISTA and begged for me to help him install XP on the system (he was unable to). 4 hours later I had XP installed and was able to find almost all of the drivers needed (I had to find all the drivers from sources other than Toshiba site since the computer was built on the Vista platform and they provided absolutely no XP drivers). I am only one driver short at this time and its for the intergrated Atheros wireless 802.11b/g on the motherboard. Every driver that I had used or found that would work only worked temporarily and then would send the computer in blue screens of death reboot cycles. I figure its because the drivers were based upon the device being the wireless card and not intergrated. Does anybody have access to XP drivers for the intergrated version.....the vista drivers will not work.

Thanks in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

14 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

S7404 XP drivers

by hornman4l In reply to Yes it is Possible

Where did you find them? Thanks

Collapse -

Atheros Wireless

by eorozco In reply to Toshiba Satellite A135-S7 ...

I own the same laptop. I remember getting the driver from Windows Update. That is were my laptop received most of the drivers that were not available on the Toshiba Website. My laptop works like a charm now.

If it does not work let me know. I know i have the driver on my Network somewhere along with the link location.

Collapse -

i need that drivers

by akchasuha In reply to Atheros Wireless

hi can u send me the xp drivers i have one but i couldnt find the xp drivers. looking to hear you soon

Back to Windows Forum
14 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02