curlergirl and slam5 - 2

Spam busters
Michael Jay - 35
PurpleSkys - 21
wizard57m - 8
OH Smeg / Hal 9000 - 5
Palmetto - 3

And happy birthday to TR member Jessie!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

26 total posts (Page 3 of 3)   Prev   01 | 02 | 03
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Actually I think it was happening before Santee left us

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to I think the number of TR ...

Though maybe not as pronounced.

Though as Site Traffic is supposed to be up all I can say is that they must have a lot of new members posting a couple of posts per day and the Old Crowd who used to post hundreds per week have all but stopped. :0

Col

Collapse -

now that I'm not working

by PurpleSkys In reply to Actually I think it was h ...

I do try to hang out more often during the day; it makes for a long day when the little girl is in school all day and Darryl is at work, one can only do so much housework . Then again, I'm still in recovery mode so housework is done slowly and in little spirts.

I do however, have issue with the full page ads and the horrid roll over ads that one doesn't need to roll over for them to drop down. There's already an ad off to the right that if I want to read about said item, I'll frikkin' click on that already. In my opinion, it just makes the site clunky and cumbersome. And that ugly little CNET bar at the bottom of my page takes up precious space on my 7" Playbook. Sometimes I wonder if folks think things through before they go muddling around with a website.....sigh....I guess it comes down to the fact that I really like the folks here so I just live with the "improvements" . Oh, and my last peeve of the morning is the fact that I can't post links without having to break them up....even when they are clean up and anti virus/malware tools to help a user out of a jam.

....that's my two cents...for now

edit to add: Happy Birthday Jelli...hope you're feeling better soon :)

Collapse -

Absolutely less conversation...

by dcolbert Contributor In reply to Actually I think it was h ...

There is a lot less dialog going on. I'm not sure what forums the top posters are making most of their comments in - but they're not showing up in the same places I tend to visit here. I'm guessing it is maybe in some of the off-topic forums?

Collapse -

Well, here's what you can do...

by AnsuGisalas In reply to Absolutely less conversat ...

Hover your mouse over the name of a prolific poster you'd like to stalk.
Click the "follow" button on the tooltip that comes.
Then any time you hit the contacts pane on the front page you get all the posts by people you marked for stalking, for your stalking convenience

Collapse -

I don't tend to follow people as much as topics.

by CharlieSpencer In reply to Well, here's what you can ...

I rarely interested in what a person has to say on all subjects. I select people as contacts based on what they've posted, but I rarely hit the contacts page to see what they've said. I usually subscribe to topics instead.

All of these social systems are set up as if you equally value everything a contact contributes. That's one of the reasons I don't 'get' social networking. I may find a person to be knowledgeable in one area and a total goober in another. I'd rather subscribe, follow, or 'friend' a discussion room for the topics I perceive that person as knowing what he's talking about without the baggage of his opinions in areas where I think he's a idjit. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, none of the services work that way. I've ranted about this regarding Twitter any number of times. (Hi, Jason!) I may be interested in what someone has to say regarding technology, NASCAR, birdwatching, but that doesn't mean I care about their travel arrangements, what they reading on other topics, or what music they're listening too.

Collapse -

I mainly use "contacts" as a sort of seismic detector...

by AnsuGisalas In reply to I don't tend to follow pe ...

If I wanna know what's going on, I hit the "contacts" tab to see what the usual suspects are up to. If there's something juicy going down, and I've missed it, I'll find it then.

Back to Community Forum
26 total posts (Page 3 of 3)   Prev   01 | 02 | 03