TR members with the most Votes Up in the Q&A forum
wizard57m - 7
CG IT - 5
TheChas - 3
The_CB, SKDTech, SysWarTech, jwlinson, and PurpleSkys - 2

Spam busters
Deadly Ernest - 3
showbizk, Daw1cb, Mehul Bhai, OurITLady, gjacknow, and yawa77 -1

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

20 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Thanks Soni

by PurpleSkys In reply to TR Community scoreboard f ...

Have a spantabulous weekend :). And a fantabulous weekend to everyone!

Collapse -

Sonja~~~~~I just tried to use the little 'e-mail us' link to add a pet-pic

by hippiekarl In reply to TR Community scoreboard f ...

...to your gallery, and was told that 'the' e-mail client was not set up for blah, blah, blah. (is 'THE e-mail client' a euphamism for Outlook?). The e-mail system on my Win7 machine never has been--nor will be--'set up', even if that costs Fuzzick the Wonder-cat her internet notoriety....and it looks as though no one's posted over there for a couple of years.
I suppose I can make her my avatar pic...but there likely isn't any 'swag' in that!

Collapse -

G'day mate, in most cases this is a matter of you having to find and

by Deadly Ernest In reply to Sonja~~~~~I just tried to ...

set up the links within your system as the TR website has no idea what email client you use, but your system does. Just go into the appropriate part of your browser to fins out which email client it calls as the default one and change it.

Collapse -

Lol---change it to what?!

by hippiekarl In reply to G'day mate, in most cases ...

I use a web e-mail (likely the most common one), but if that big red 'Y' is incompatible with TR, I saw no mention of one (or ones) that 'are'....I imagine that my machine's initial default was MS HotMail, but I configured it to Yahoo (home page/e-mail) as soon as I fired it up (1 yr old Dell Inspiron win7(64)).
MS pc's (psst! there's a 'necessary apostrophe for pluralization'; alert Ansu!) have always all but demanded that I 'set up Outlook Express' (since it assumes that even *I* would have some need to download any--let alone all--of my e-mail somewhere less transitory than 'TempNetFiles'), set it as my default, make MSN my Homepage, MSN Live! on boot menu, etc.
Certain companies' 'contact us' page's e-mail forms are unavailable to me because of this. I can simply copy/paste the address in my web-e-mail's address line (I do), since the page won't allow the user to type their address manually in their form (it will only accept auto-complete from the 'user's choice of default e-mail'). Well, my choice--in my initial configuration--was Yahoo (e-mail and hilariously-cluttered homepage), and it's never auto-completed those forms for me, nor has it allowed me to manually fill the address in. It could be that, as I maintain 3 linked e-mail accounts with them, my setup won't presume to guess whether any giver e-mail is to be sent from hippiekarl, karlteachesguitar, or......that other one(!), and instead simply refuses to let me use the 'contact us' form. TR's heartthrob Sonja T. just spammed me an address, though.
I dare you to flag her post (for containing an insidiously disguised *hyperlink*)!

P.S. btw, I was the bloke promoting your rhetoric last week. Well, some of it....

Collapse -

Well, thanks for the support last week, but every computer I've worked on

by Deadly Ernest In reply to Lol---change it to what?!

the browser automatically tries to open the mail client on the system when you click on a hot link to an email address, if you have a Windows system it looks for Outlook Express. There is a setting to change this, just the same as you change file associations in the main system.

I use Firefox on a Zorin OS Linux system, and change it through Edit - Preferences - Applications, if you have Firefox on a Windows system you probably need to go Tools - Options - Application. Once you click on the Applications tab the window should fill with a list of applications, you scroll down that until you get to the one that says Mailto - have a look at what the action for it is, and then change it by selecting it with the mouse and clicking on it, you then open the drop down box and choose the option you want, which should include the options of Gmail and Yahoo mail (well mine does) and once you have the new action selected, you're OK.

Internet Explorer has a similar process in the options where you can choose what programs to run for certain actions like Mailto hot links.

Collapse -

Thanks for the info, DE~~~~~

by hippiekarl In reply to Well, thanks for the supp ...

I never pursued it farther than the machine's initial insistence on (or expectation for) Outlook. Then again, I work around some cognitive barriers to simple proceedures, too (I have a severe frontal-lobe injury, and have worked to re-route various portions of the old 'wiring harness'). Thanks for the non-patronizing help!

Collapse -

You're welcome, I try to help people when I can, in some

by Deadly Ernest In reply to Thanks for the info, DE~~ ...

cases it's to help them get the job done, in others it's to help them out the door while the plane is still several hundred feet in the air.

Tech support is what I do best. and I know not everyone knows everything. It's hard to believe, but there are even things I don't know.

Collapse -

Hippie, please send me your pet pics!

by Sonja Thompson Staff In reply to Sonja~~~~~I just tried to ...

You can send them to sonja(dot)thompson(at)cbsi(dot)com .... encrypted for nasty spammers :-)

Collapse -

nasty spammers!!! How dare you say something NICE about spammers - nt

by Deadly Ernest In reply to Hippie, please send me yo ...
Collapse -

Thanks, I will. I'm still trying to get a good one of the pregnant calico's

by hippiekarl In reply to Hippie, please send me yo ...

7-clawed front feet; they look like catcher's mitts! I'll hold Fuzzick's and Cat's pix until I get one of Gypsy's astounding podes.

Back to Community Forum
20 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02