Deadly Ernest - 55
Skruis - 33
Hal 9000 and Patrickgood1 - 30
Slayer_ - 27

TR members with the most Votes Up in the Q&A forum
robo_dev - 5
dion.shaw - 4
Rob Kuhn and CG IT - 2

Spam busters (these will be posted as soon I receive the stats)

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

17 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Not a problem though

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Reasonable Weather

When I watered the plants today I saw the beginnings of a Flower on the Flava so Spring must be coming.

On the down side I tried to use a pair of secateurs to remove the tip of one of my fingers so Touch Typing is really painful now. On the plus side I know that the secateurs are sharp.

Col

Collapse -

And in case I'm the only one who didn't know,

by CharlieSpencer In reply to Reasonable Weather

http:// en.wikipedia. org/wiki/Pruning_shears

Collapse -

one word

by PurpleSkys In reply to Reasonable Weather
Collapse -

The Cutting didn't hurt at all

Actually I wasn't aware of it till after when there was blood everywhere.

However after that when I try to do anything but Hunt & Peck on the keyboard it really hurts the left hand. :^0

Col

Collapse -

On your finger?

by NickNielsen In reply to Reasonable Weather

You're supposed to use them on the flava!

Could be worse, though. I used to have three 100-foot extension cords. But I let my son use the electric hedge trimmers and now I have 6 extension cords in various lengths! :0

Collapse -

Actually Nick

I was mulching tree branches down at Mommies Place. I've actually been going to do that for a while now but got carried away on Sunday and took the Implements of Destruction over there and cut back the neighbor's "tree" bits overhanging the fence and leaning on the house.

When I was asked to cut them back they where not on the house but very close. I also found out that the neighbor in question moved out that day as well so I snuck in and cut them down. Only problem there is I was told after I had them cut back so it wasn't deliberate. :^0

I was cutting smaller pieces up to feed into the Mulcher when I cut the finger on the left hand.

And Charlie I have only ever heard them refereed to as Secateurs never anything else. Even when the Gardening and Hardware Stores have a Catalog out that is what they call them. So I mistakenly though that was what they where called everywhere.

As for the shortened Power Leads it could be worse I watched a neighbor kill them self with an electric mower when they ran over the power lead. Apparently Electric Mowers shouldn't be home made with a Washing Machine Motor mounted onto a Petrol Lawn Mower chassis and then because you constantly blow fuses when you run over the lead you most defiantly should never stick a nail in to replace the fuse. The guy dropped like a kid dropping it's school case and was lying on the ground jerking about, the wife came running out grabbed the guy on the ground and did the same thing as he was and when I got there I had to find the end of the power lead where it plugged in. Apparently pulling on a long lead doesn't remove it from the socket unless you pull it a lot and with all of the tape on the cuts I wasn't about to keep running my hands up it till I found the end. Then you should try giving CPR to 2 people when there is only 1 of you and no help.

I would say you got off lightly with 6 Different lengths Extension Cords that's much better than the alternative.

Col

Collapse -

I worked for a lawn mower manufacturer.

by CharlieSpencer In reply to Reasonable Weather

We had a pretty thick 'Darwin File'.

Back to Community Forum
17 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02