premiertechnologist - 19
tdupont - 18

TR members with the most Votes Up in the Q&A forum
ricky321 - 3
jjtoday - 2

Spam busters
Deadly Ernest - 26
hippiekarl and jonc2011 1

Happy belated birthday to TR member Netman1988 and Head Blogs Editor Toni Bowers!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

17 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Good luck, Col!

Don't be too harsh on the SWMBO, just gentle reminders that "this is
only a temporary situation!" LOL! If you don't do that, you'll end up
like ME!!! Still doing the heavy lifting, cooking, cleaning...darn, I'm
too easy! As for taking care of the spammers...got your back on that
as well. Now, for the occasional flare-ups in the discussions, especially
in regards to web browser security, well, I've been enjoying the banter
that's going on, so I'll let you catch up on that one...funny how some
people can take difference to a post when you are actually agreeing
with them!
C U L8R!

Collapse -

Well I must be doing something right

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Good luck, Col!

Over the past week or so I've been called a Apple Hater and Microsoft Hater. Seems that I don't like any Tech at all. :^0

With SWMBO I may very well end up driving her around for the time being but if I was to try to treat her as Fragile I would be beat up so badly. Besides as I'm not into Pain & Suffering I can honestly say it's not worth the effort.

Col

Collapse -

You Apple hater! You Microsoft hater!

And I suppose you trash Linux at every opportunity as well!
Sheesh...there's no pleasing some people! LOL! :)
As for pain and suffering from SWMBOs, yes indeed!
I concur wholeheartedly! However, in my house I AM THE MAN!!!
Anyway, when she's not around! And by golly, what I say around
here goes! Right out the window!! LOL!
Somewhere on my old P166 I have a little WAV file of Man Song...
always good for a chuckle!
Mrs Wiz may not look to feisty, but I do my best to stay in her
good graces, those little fingers somehow manage to fit right
between the ribs, OUCH!! Hehe!

Collapse -

my wishes

by PurpleSkys In reply to Well Guys as I'm going to ...

I hope Mrs. Col heals smoothly and quickly :) and yes, us goils gotta stick togetha !

Collapse -

Well things are sort of going right

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Well Guys as I'm going to ...

Opp was at 13.00 with her transfer to ward somewhere between 15.00 and 15.30, she actually arrived at the ward at 18.45 a couple of hours late.

She was held in recovery because of pain not the pain from the abuse EH I meant surgery but from the pain in her neck from the way they had her head when they did the surgery. Apparently the Surgeon wasn't overly happy or perhaps he was ecstatic when she said I can't feel any pain where you cut me open but the back of my neck is killing me.

The ward being very helpful insisted all that they knew was she had not arrived yet even after I watched them wheel her in. The good news is she's still talking well that's according to the Quacks not me and everything went fine with no complications thought they did forget to install the bolts to keep her head attached.

So now SWMBO is minus her Thyroid Gland and the last I saw her sleeping. I still maintain that the car collision she was involved in is a very expensive mistake. They messed up badly at the time and now a few years latter are panicking because she had a massive lump in her thyroid and one breast. The Breast is directly attributable to damage from the seat belt and funnily enough if you trace the seat belt positioning the lump in her neck was in a direct line with the seat belt but no the quacks insist it had to come out because it might be the Big C to which I just replied Colic not a problem she hasn't had that since she was a child but there is no way I'm going to burp her under any circumstances, though you can if you like.

The supposed Cancer mustn't have been anything important either because the Surgeon is now saying that she has to come back to him in 4 to 5 weeks when he's free to get the Pathology Results, seems just like another appointment which he has to charge for to me because I'm sure that they would have sent it off tot he Lab while she was on the table for their view if they where at all worried when they saw what they where cutting out.

From finding the lump to it's removal it's been 5 weeks and even then she insisted that she wanted to speak to one of my friends who was away at the time for his opinion so that held them up for 2 weeks. Though she did say to the surgeon you better be sure you get all of what you want as there is no way in Hell you are going to get a second go, I'll be silly enough once but it's not going to happen twice. :0

And Mr Wiz your comments brought back to mind Bill Crosby track with Arthur whatever describing his father as 6 foot 4 and that was only around the middle and built like a Brick Shitehouse and his mother all of 3 foot maybe and was blown away when there was any breeze. He was really impressed when she Beat up Aurthur's Father for something he did to the kid. Doesn't matter what anyone says the females are far more dangerous than any male and Always Get Their Way. :^0

Now I wonder what they'll find in another 3 or 4 years time to hit her with next from the same collision, maybe a broken leg which they just discovered?

Notice still no comments about Women Drivers? Though it may be the reason why they are insisting that she can not drive. :0

Col
edited to add I really suppose I should mention this one for the Girls here. So Girls next time you are involved in any Motor Vehicle Collision insist that the Quack treating you has a Good Feel of your Mammary Glands and then insist on a Mammogram.

Sure it's not going to do anything good for you and your Health Insurance Company is most likely going to complain bitterly but while you are being felt up it's got to feel better than anything else that the quacks are going to do to you. To be perfectly honest it's not one of the first things I would have thought about to insist on but apparently they now consider it Important.

So any Seat Belt Stain that is left on you after a collision needs to be checked out throughly for it's entire length and recorded in your Medical Records. Of course many years latter when they discover something they will not think it's related to that collision till after the surgery at which point they can abuse you for not telling them about the accident.

Collapse -

Glad to hear she's on the mend

by PurpleSkys In reply to Well things are sort of g ...

And I will take your advice to heart...even though I have a mammogram yearly.

Collapse -

Mammogram is where they found Mrs Wiz's lump...

after we had had done a bit of home checking, it felt "funny" to
both of us, turned out malignant. But, we're 4 years surviving now!
Been through with the chemo for about 2 years. We have a little
fund raiser at the drugstore each year for breast cancer research...
t-shirts, pens, bracelets, caps, etc., got it going again this year!

Back to Community Forum
17 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02