Desktop

General discussion

user deleted -why 714 unrated questions?

By PENGUINSRULE ·
I noticed that you have 714 questions that you have asked that you have not provided any feedback on positive or negative.

I'm thinking it would be a common courtesy
for you to indicate to those that have helped you your feedback. These points don't mean anything, but it's a nice way of saying thank you for helping you out. I know I've responded to LOTS of your postings, and I personally would like to know whether any of my feedback was useful or not.

It's a give give thing - if youknow what I mean. You are wanting us to help you, RIGHT?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by maxwell edison In reply to user deleted -why 714 unr ...

I've had a few experiences with "User Deleted".

On that 10,000 point question I posted not too long ago, I tried to post a reply to every one of them as I was closing the question. (I only rejected 2-3 out of 140+ replies, by the way.) I guess Itook too long, and TechRepublic logged me out. As a result "User Deleted" showed up in my reply to the last few answers, and in addition I didn't have an option to accept the answer. It was strange indeed.

I've also accepted a couple of answers from "User Deleted", and it seemed to accept it just fine. I don't really know where they went or to whom the points were awarded, but it seemed to folw normally.

Maxwell

Collapse -

by maxwell edison In reply to user deleted -why 714 unr ...

I wonder if the person who provided answer number one realized the he/she was leaving the message as "User Deleted"? That's an interesting theory about multiple TechRepublic aliases logging in and out confusing the server. But how could that confuse the server? It would also cut the "claimed" 2,380,000 TechRepublic members down to..... well down to something much less than that.

(Excuse the "typo" in my answer. That word should be "flow".)
Maxwell

Collapse -

by PENGUINSRULE In reply to user deleted -why 714 unr ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by TimTheToolMan In reply to user deleted -why 714 unr ...

Hi,

What I dont understand is how some people can offer thousands of points for questions and not have asked or answered any in the past!

I know you get points for logging in and posting threads on discussions but, hey, thats a lot of time anddiscussion!

I've thought a workaround might be to set up a bunch of bogus users and post questions and answer with your "main" account to grab all the points yourself. But we'd see that in the open questions wouldn't we?

That might explain 714unrated questions?

But I think its more likly a bug with TechRepublic.

Oh, and yes I like to know why I'm rejected. Even if its just a "thanks but it wasn't the information I was after"

We're here to help, afterall.

My 2c worth.
Cheers,
Tim.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author