General discussion

Vista Business and Exchange 2003

By bhunt ·
I am having trouble with Vista Business and Exchange 2003. Vista is constantly dropping the connection with the exchange server. It will connect for a little will and then disconnect. While the server is disconnected you can't even ping the Exchange server, it is like it does not exist. After about thirty minutes or so it will reconnect. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

13 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Using cached mode?

by curlergirl In reply to Vista Business and Exchan ...

I have the same setup and am not having any problem. Are you using cached mode by chance? If so, I would try turning it off and see if that helps. I don't like and have never used cached mode, even when I was using XP/2003.

Collapse -

Turn off Vista firewall

by f.x.flinn In reply to Vista Business and Exchan ...

See if turning off the Vista firewall works. We've opened a case with Microsoft on this issue. We also were told it all works fine with O2K7 and we also laughed them off the phone.

Collapse -

I have the same issue

by Dumphrey In reply to Vista Business and Exchan ...

it is for sure an issue with Vista, all Xp, Mac, and Linux clients are buisness as usual, its just the three Vista clients that loose connection. Its a layer two or three issue, as no traffic can get through at all durring the "outages", it as if the wire has been cut, but it comes and goes. XP clients pluged into the same port, using the same patch cable have no issues, Just Vista.
I am about to test the idea its related to the Cisco Catalys 4008 at our core. If thats the issue, we will have to route traffic differently for those three clients, or replace the catalyst.

Back to Networks Forum
13 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02