Question

Wacom Bamboo Craft Pen and Touch and Mac

By depthcharge46 ·
Wacom Bamboo Craft Pen and Touch
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 1:17 PM
Reply Email

Hi,

I have a Bamboo Craft Pen and Touch and wanted to scribble notes directly on texts written with Pages or Word 2008 for Mac and on Powerpoint or Keynote slides. The way I am using it with "ink" only allows me to create images of notes (or drawings) which can be pasted on texts. Is there a software or a way to write and draw directly on the texts/slides? I wrote Wacom an e-mail and after three days did not get any answer yet.
Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

I'm not sure with a MAC

by OH Smeg In reply to Wacom Bamboo Craft Pen an ...

On a PC Ink can be passed through a Optical Character Recondition Program to convert your Handwriting/Scribble into Typed Text.

Not sure how to get hand drawn images into Power Point as it's not something that I'm involved with. Though Wacom has a Phone Support Service available as shown on their Web Site here

http://www.wacom.com/productsupport/index.php

Customer Care
Center Hours
7:30am to 5pm
Mon. - Thurs. (Pacific Time)

8:30am to 5pm
Fri. (Pacific Time)

800-922-6613
360-896-9833

I personally would try calling them and see what they have to say.

Col

Collapse -

Wacom contacted already

by depthcharge46 In reply to I'm not sure with a MAC

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I sent them an email almost a week ago and did not get any answer.
What about writing notes directly on a Word or Powerpoint text when using Windows XP? The Wacom site says that we need Vista to do that, but I wonder if there is a way to do the same with XP.

Collapse -

If you reread the post above

by OH Smeg In reply to Wacom contacted already

I think you'll find that I suggested using the phone to speak to them not send a E-Mail.

After all when you have someone speaking on the phone they are not likely to say I'll think about that and get back to you latter are they?

But as Wacom specifically say Vista they wrote their software for Vista not XP so I would say that they do not intend to support that OS as to them it is dead. Remember that support for some versions of XP end within a few weeks so anything prior to XP SP3 will not be supported any longer.

Col

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)