General discussion

What an achivement! My 100th discussion!

By jdclyde ·
7301 posts later, and here I am.

100th discussion. Some were very active, others not. A few actually turned out pretty good!

I have agreed with some people, and told others they are blinken nuts. Not offensive or agressive MOST of the time, and even on-topic some of the time.

Looking back, I have only had a few posts that I regretted, and was quick to say so on the follow up posts.

People may not agree with everything I write, but I have learned that it is alright to allow them to be wrong.

To TR members in general, this is a great site and thanks for being a part of it.

For TR people that I have come to know a lot better, it has become like a home thanks to you. From the tech support questions to the great personal advice that helped me through a very difficult time, this has really become something special. Thanks.

jd

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

78 total posts (Page 5 of 8)   Prev   03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07   Next
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Joined?

by Jellimonsta In reply to Not sure....

It shows you joined in Dec of 2000? Did you join in 99?
I joined in May of 2000, so if you joined in Dec 2000, I joined 7 months (approx) before you. ?

Collapse -

I think

by Jaqui In reply to Not sure....

the numbering is mixed up, since memberships may have been removed over the span of time.

I'm just a couple of months shy of a 7 year membership and I have a number of 193399

Collapse -

I don't know how to find

by oneamazingwriter In reply to Not sure....

my number! When I tried what jd said nothing happened. But it's OK because jd has my number (and seems to have had it since I arrived here! LOL)

Collapse -

one amazing writer

by rob mekel In reply to Not sure....

Number can be found as jd said: put your cursor over your userid (bottom of every post you make, or near your avatar if displaying your post or "My Workspace") it will be displayed in the status bar on the bottom of your window like: http://tech...html?id=4300886&re.... as is mine.

Rob

Collapse -

by oneamazingwriter In reply to Not sure....

Got it! I wasn't looking at the status bar! Duh? Thanks, Rob.
I think I have a case of having to wake up some sleeping brain cells.

Collapse -

bummer

by apotheon In reply to The other thing I recentl ...

I guess I should have kept my user ID from '99 or 2000 (I don't remember exactly when), rather than go away for several years then come back. Oh well.

C'est la vie.

Collapse -

I almost did that

by jdclyde In reply to bummer

I had come in, made my ID and then forgot all about the place. I just stumbled on it later on and was lucky to be able to determine what my id was so I didn't have to start over. B-)

Collapse -

back in the good ol' days

by apotheon In reply to I almost did that

I actually got my first membership as part of a package deal. When I first got Microsoft certified, way back when, I did so as part of the education process at a tech school for computer networking. There were a bunch of unexpected bennies thrown in with it, including MSDN membership, some free certification vouchers (I never did use the Novell voucher, though I was certainly prepared for the exam), and a free Tech Pro Guild membership. That was my initial introduction to TR.

Of course, I didn't really get into things here at the time, and eventually drifted away to other things. I stumbled across TR again a few years later, and here I am.

Collapse -

awe shucks...

by Shellbot In reply to What an achivement! My 1 ...

your special JD :)

someone should get you a cake..

Collapse -

hopefully

by jdclyde In reply to awe shucks...

not "short bus special"! ;\

And if they don't get me a cake, I will just have to make my own! Time to make grandma's OLD carrot cake! I remember the first time I read it and wondered "what is oleo?" Now THAT is an old recipe!

(did you get my peer mail yesterday?)

Back to Community Forum
78 total posts (Page 5 of 8)   Prev   03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07   Next