Web Development

General discussion

Why don't your pages display right in firefox 1.5.0.4

By paul.froehle ·
Most of your discussion pages do not render properly in firefox. Have you looked into this or do you only support Microsoft.

It does work in an ie tab in firefox

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

some more

by apotheon In reply to Thanks Paul

Stuff I use all the time:

Ctrl + W to close the current tab

Ctrl + Tab to move "forward" one tab

Ctrl + Shift + Tab to move "backward" one tab

Ctrl + F to open the Find bar (or to bring focus to its text field if it's already open)

Collapse -

a couple of more

by Hendry_Betts In reply to some more

Ctrl + + will increase font size
Ctrl + - will decrease font size
Ctrl + 0 (zero) will reset font size to "normal"

Collapse -

and more

by apotheon In reply to a couple of more

Either Ctrl + R or F5 will refresh the current page.

Esc duplicates the effects of the Stop button.

Alt + <- duplicates the Back button.

Alt + -> duplicates the Forward button.

Ctrl + Enter will add a www. before what you've typed in the address bar and a .com after it.

Shift + Enter will add a www. before what you've typed in the address bar and a .net after it.

Ctrl + Shift + Enter will add a www. before what you've typed in the address bar and a .org after it.

Collapse -

moving between tabs

by jdclyde In reply to some more

much easier to use Ctrl + Page up and Ctrl + Page down, than dealing with the ctrl/shift/tab.

Just my two cents worth. keep the change.

Collapse -

nah

by apotheon In reply to moving between tabs

Using the PgUp and PgDn keys would require me to move my hands away from home row. I'm a Vim user: I never need to move my hands away from home row, and I'm a lot more productive because of it.

If I'm going to move my hand way over to those keys, I might as well just use the mouse and click on a tab.

Collapse -

Another "Find" shortcut

by Ziskey In reply to some more

Like VI, you can use the forward forward slash "/" to open the find dialog if you're not in a text field.

Collapse -

I'd like it more if it worked better.

by apotheon In reply to Another "Find" shortcut

The forward slash can cause issues. The Firefox developers haven't quite gotten that one down yet. The search bar can vanish unexpectedly sometimes, for instance. It can get pretty annoying. I usually just stick with Ctrl + F, though maybe they'll make it as convenient as the search syntax for vi(m) some day.

Collapse -

Blissfully Unaware

by Ziskey In reply to I'd like it more if it wo ...

I've never seen that behavior. Now that I'm aware of the issue, I hope that doesn't change.

'/" is one of those reflex keystrokes that are very handy. A lot like the backspace key. Normally it will take you to the previous page like the 'back' button, but there are times it just doesn't work depending on the focus and what's being done with the page.

Collapse -

To be fair . . .

by apotheon In reply to Blissfully Unaware

It may work pleasantly all the time now. I stopped trying to use the slash character a year or so ago because of problems -- before 1.5.x came out.

EDIT: Okay, I decided to start trying it again. It behaves a little more like what I expect, so far. We'll see.

another EDIT: Unfortunately, it's still suboptimal. I can't repeat a search using the slash to access the search.