General discussion

win 2000 can't get past google web page

By mark.liu1983 ·
Hi
i have a windows 2000 machine that is on an intranet, that has student logons and teacher logons. when ever i search in google and click on a link internet explorer just freezes and wouldn't go any further. but with the admin account i don't have this problem. does any one know what's the problem?
Thank you

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by ReWrite In reply to win 2000 can't get past g ...

Give a little more information on the network setup. Is it wireless or not (if so, what hardware for cards and access point)? What network OS? What group policies are in place? Are there any firewalls in place?

Cheers.

RW

Collapse -

by mark.liu1983 In reply to win 2000 can't get past g ...

it's using windows 2003 server and file and web server, all the students have only one logon and group policy, and it works on the other machines (win 98)and this machine is the only one that doesn't work. i think it might be a local problem and not a network problem.

Collapse -

by house In reply to win 2000 can't get past g ...

The quickest way to resolve this issue is to use the add remove windows components to uninstall and reinstall internet explorer.

A little bit of a "caveman" solution, but it has solved stranger behavior in the past.

Before you do that, you might try an alternative browser like Firefox to make sure that it is actually a browser issue.

Collapse -

by p.j.hutchison In reply to win 2000 can't get past g ...

Have you scanned for any spyware that may be interfering with IE?

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums