Windows

General discussion

WIn2000 limit on network connections?

By saellis ·
I have a Windows 2000 Pro computer that we use as a basic file server. We have a shared folder called "DATA" that contains letters and spreadsheeets. When I share the CD ROMs from that file server on the network and map everyone to them, after aboutthe 5th computer that I map to the CD ROM drive I get an error. "No more connections can be made at this remote computer at this time because there are already as many connections as the computer will accept" Then that computer and several other computers can't open the shared file folder. I have to reboot the computer and then everything is okay for about 15-30 minutes then people start complaining that they can't access the shared drive again.I checked the properties of all the shares and they are set to maximum allowed. We all have Windows 2000 Pro, there are about 15 computers at our office. Is there a limitation to how many network connections that a Windows 2000 Pro computer can have? Any ideas on what I should do?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

WIn2000 limit on network connections?

by saellis In reply to WIn2000 limit on network ...

All answers to my question were very helpful. Thank you! When I closed my question I don't think I did it correctly so that everyone received their points for helping me. I'm very sorry.