General discussion

win2000 network error message

By mcorior ·
When I attempt to access a computer that shares its printer in network neighborhood I receive an error message "\\(computer name)is not accessible The network path was not found." I checked the settings of the computer,pinged each networked computerand our default gateway, all were succesfull except the one I am trying to access. I have access to the internet.
Any help greatly appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

16 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Pinoy_Teknik In reply to win2000 network error mes ...

At the device manager removed the NIC card, reboot and install NIC driver properly(win2k driver).

At the Network Properties, make sure that your Work Group is the same as WorkGroup with installed printer..If your network have static network address specify it...

The reboot...

If its working....done..
But if not...

Try to swap you NIC...may be it malfuntioning...
If it is working to another PC, Back it again, It is working...

Final step: if all mentioned step is not work also other answer, try to a fresh install...

If does'not work..we will continue it..

Collapse -

by mcorior In reply to win2000 network error mes ...

All computers on the network can access this shared printer. The machine that is having problems can access all the other computers and "see" the shared printer as well as having access to the internet. The drivers are up to date, the nic is working properlly.

Collapse -

by Gigelul In reply to win2000 network error mes ...

If not all computers have the same OS try to install specific driver for the OS.
On computer which occure the problem in add printer wizard use have disk options and install the driver from kit.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by Gigelul In reply to win2000 network error mes ...

If you check all previous suggestions then you also must check permissions assigned to this share printer.

Collapse -

Sorry but the permissions are the same for all the networked computers & printers

Back to Desktop Forum
16 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02