General discussion

Windows 2000 and Fat32 file system

By DeanS ·
I have several users who have Windows 2000 operating system on their desktops with a FAT 32 file system, running network printers from a NT 4 server. The users are experiencing various network printer problems, i.e when printing photos only a part of the photo is printed, sometimes the print job hangs indefinitly and the system has to be rebooted and general operating system slowdown. Most of the users are using Compaq Deskpro PC's (PIII-800MHZ). I think that part of their performance issues isbecause they are using a FAT32 file system with a Windows 2000 operating system. However, our help desk dosen't thing that this is an issue and even suggest that the FAT32 file system is better that NTFS. I think that all the users systems should beconverted to a NTFS file system to help maximize performance. I guess what I want to know is am I correct or is the help desk correct with regards to this issue? I am aware there are many things that affect PC performance but I think this would as least help a little and eliminate one performance issue.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

11 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Windows Forum
11 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02