General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Windows file server

by amit_pat ·

Hi,
    Access of pst files on a win 2003 file server was denied for a few users. At this time if I login to the server, i am unable to open any mmc, error failed to create new document. Any suggestion in resolving this.
    Thanks

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Windows file server

by jko4 ·

In reply to Windows file server

Sounds like it may be a permissions issue or a space issue. Anything in the eventlogs?

Check your disk space

by smallbiz-techwiz ·

In reply to Windows file server

I think it’s more likely that you’ve run out of disk space. The symptoms you describe would make sense only if you have the userdata, pagefile, and O/S all on the same drive. I would consider that a no-no if it is the case. User data should always be separated from the O/S and pagefile. Separate partitions is good, separate drives is better.

No errors or disk space issues

by amit_pat ·

In reply to Check your disk space

Thanks for your replies.

The OS, page file and user data are all on different partitions. There is over 30% free disk space available.

No errors recorded in event logs.

Even memory has been doubled from 2 to 4 GB.

Anymore suggestions..
        Thanks,

Any update or resolution?

by andrew.zollars ·

In reply to No errors or disk space issues

We have recently run into a similar situation with PSTs located on a newly built Windows 2003 file server. Users keep encountering intermittent access problems to their PST files. Most of the users experiencing the problem have large PST files (70MB to 4GB).

Viewing 1 reply thread