Networks

Question

Windows Vista SP1 lose connectivity in 2008 Domain

By Thanos K. Kontonasios ·
We have a flat network of 15 PCs an 4 Domain Controllers running Windows 2008. The PCs are Windows Vista Business Edition SP1. The network is flat, meaning the PCs connect to the Servers, with a cisco switch wia a trunk port and the to the Internet. the network works fine, except one particular PC, that constantly loses connectivity to the network. The DNS and DHCP are working perfectly, so I don't think there is an issue from there..Could someone has an idea why this problem constantly occurs??

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Which is more important?

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to It's a little bit difficu ...

Finding and fixing the problem, or allowing the user to go 'undisturbed' even though they can't work because they're disconnected?

What do you mean, 'cannot disturb him all the time'? It takes 5 minutes to remove/rejoin to the domain. Does he not take any breaks/lunch?

Collapse -

twhat's the error message say?

by CG IT In reply to Windows Vista SP1 lose co ...

is IPv6 checked in TCP/IP properties? try unchecking that and see if the problem goes away.

also there might be a problem with SMB signing between Vista and W2008. Make sure you have all hotfixes, recommended updates installed for Vista

Collapse -

It 's the cable problem

by thirith_leng In reply to twhat's the error message ...

I had the same problem, but it was the cable problem. I found the IP and DNS but it was totally out of date.