General discussion

Word2000 - totally stumped by mail merge

By paul7410 ·
My company creates a CRM application that synchs with Microsoft Word 2000 to create a mail merge. The app creates a TXT file in the following format:
HEADER1,HEADER2,HEADER3,...,HEADER100 [ENTER]
"VALUE1","VALUE2","VALUE3",...,"VALUE100" [ENTER]This works fine for most of my customers, they create the merge print it out and only 1 page (1 record) is printed. However, other customers get 3 records printed out (which I imagine is due to the 3 paragraphs). I'm pretty sure this is a WORD2000issue and not our CRM issue, but I'd like to discover the cause. We've been able to duplicate in house the same behavior, then we send the TXT (Datasource) file to another PC and it works fine.

Steps I've tried so far: Suppress Blank Lines, Printer driver/settings??,MDAC??,File Types, etc.

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. To sum this issue up: Same datasource (which is a TXT file) on two different workstations. Create mail merge via WORD - when merge creates one page on some workstations - and 3 pages on others.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

12 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by paul7410 In reply to Word2000 - totally stumpe ...

Thank you all for all your help. Especially newyorker. Anyways the cause of the issue ended up being a ODBC DSN created by installing Loftware. The ODBC DSN was used for linking TXT files to loftware, and the datasource for the mail merge was a TXT file. Deleted the DSN, and all set.

Collapse -

by paul7410 In reply to Word2000 - totally stumpe ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
12 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02