Question

YEY-YEY-Inspiron 1501

By technogeek-1995 ·
I think you all know how many problems I have had with this computer and they now seem to be resolved...except I have an external hard drive (had all file on it) and now I can't get the driver to install. How can I fix this without trashing ALL my files?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

19 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Sorry but as you haven't listed the Model of the WD Unit here

by OH Smeg In reply to How do I take it a part.. ...

I'm not sure but do a Google Search for this.

These generally use a Snap Together Case without screws so getting them apart with out the Destructions can be difficult and easy to break things. Proceed slowly and look a lot. You need to insert a thin Screwdriver generally a Flat Blade to release the Locks and then move onto the next lock till you have released enough to allow the case to pull apart. At the same time you need to maintain a constant force on the 2 Half's of the case to prevent the Locks reengaging and locking the case together again.

Col

Collapse -

Model Number

by technogeek-1995 In reply to Sorry but as you haven't ...

WD1600XMS-00

Collapse -

Unfortunately that Model Number

by OH Smeg In reply to Model Number

Means absolutely nothing to Westeren Digital. When you do a search for products using that Number you get a result of

Your search - WD1600XMS-00 - did not match any documents.
No pages were found containing "WD1600XMS-00 " .

WD has My Book Essential Edition and WD Elements Desktop External HDD listed on their web site and it should be one of these.

Col

Collapse -

Passport 2.5 inches

by technogeek-1995 In reply to Unfortunately that Model ...

That is what I was told by a customer rep. But I have it taken a part. It was simple. I think my Serial ATA to usb converter failed. My drive is under warenty so I can get a new converter hopefully. I have a friend that is going to loan me this...
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2329300&csid=_25

I will get back soon.

Collapse -

It ain't under warranty anymore - you took it apart. <NT>

by OldER Mycroft In reply to Passport 2.5 inches
Collapse -

Read

by technogeek-1995 In reply to It ain't under warranty a ...

I will read my documentation and find out...

Collapse -

I think it's time you EDIT the **** out of your posted Job Role!!...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to YEY-YEY-Inspiron 1501

I got seriously pissed off with you in August of last year when you were doing all manner of seriously VAGUE things, and it appears to me that you're just pissing around with us all over again!

Change (back?) to schoolboy or some other pimply member of the human race, or P!SS 0FF!!

Collapse -

What...

by technogeek-1995 In reply to I think it's time you EDI ...

Well...There isn't a job role of my position. I may be a student, but I do regular (paid) maintenance of several small businesses that have my size of a budget. I also DJ. So if you have a job title for all that...I will change it to that. OR IT Consultant...that is under 18

Collapse -

For an 'IT Consultant', it is utterly absurd ...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to What...

That you appear incapable of providing even basic information upon which to base your incessant pleas for aid and assistance.

technogeek-1995@... appears like a rash all over TR, and from your very first appearance you have been both a source of bemusement and frustration for me.

What's more, whenever you receive an expert response - a response mainly based on a number of field-hours experience many times your actual physical age - you either ignore it and shoot off in a totally unrelated direction in your next post, or you respond with a "BUT".

None of the above is typical of an IT Consultant and I merely suggest that if you want your continued pleas for help to be recognised (at least by me) you could perhaps refrain from displaying a Job Role that is more suited to providing answers rather than pleading for, then contending the solutions that are provided.

Only IMHO. :)

Back to Hardware Forum
19 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02