Question

• Creator
    Topic

WRT300n router and WLC 2504

by rockatt123 ·

I need to use WRT 300n and WLC 2504 in Cisco packet tracer in the same topology. WRT 300n connected to WLC 2504. and I need to ping other devices from remote device. I couldn’t find any examples where these two are used together. Would you help me with this topic

You are posting a reply to: WRT300n router and WLC 2504

The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our Community FAQs for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Bad news. It’s EOL and worse.

by rproffitt ·

In reply to WRT300n router and WLC 2504

I’m reading https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/2504-wireless-controller/eos-eol-notice-c51-740645.html so it appears you can’t expect this to be supported.

Not that doesn’t preclude it being used for what it does but expecting more than this is delusional.

Time to move to something current that has support for what you need to do.

Thanks

by rockatt123 ·

In reply to Bad news. It’s EOL and worse.

Thank for answer. In which title it is stated that it is not supported, can you share it with me?

EOL.

by rproffitt ·

In reply to Thanks

End Of Life as noted at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End-of-life writes:
          “End-of-life (product), a term used with respect to terminating the sale or support of goods and services.”

I know some want to debate this but here you are searching for support and haven’t found it yet.

While I can’t guess if your only need is to ping devices or there is something that demands you use the Cisco Packet Tracer, or there’s actually something else going on. For example one of our IT staffer came up with something they were trying to do and the real reason was they were troubleshooting a connection issue.

After more discussion it was something simple. They had complaints about WiFi connections in a conference room so we installed a dedicated access point there to get coverage in that room and area. No amount of pinging or software was going to get that one fixed.

Thanks

by rockatt123 ·

In reply to EOL.

All I want is to ping the packet tracer. As a matter of fact, if I can send you a private message, I can show you the topology. But I couldn’t find how to send a message.

There are other packet tracers.

by rproffitt ·

In reply to Thanks

But that’s off topic. Also, why you are tracing packets would be a good thing to share next time.

Thanks

by rockatt123 ·

In reply to There are other packet tracers.

so if i can show you the topology you can understand me better

Even with the topology.

by rproffitt ·

In reply to Thanks

It would be best to share next time why packet tracing needs to be done.

I have plenty of IT stories here about staff that goes down those rabbit holes then we discuss why they are doing that and then we solve the problem (example above.)

Viewing 0 reply threads